Chapter 7 - Rose Tinted

Start from the beginning

"It's six in the morning Cole, what the hell," she groaned before sitting up.

I handed the coffee to her and smiled before heading over to the curtains and reefing them open. She hissed and tried covering her eyes with the blanket but I reefed that off next.

"Come on get up! You loved complaining to me yesterday about how I've done nothing, well now I'm getting proactive," I teased, watching her grumpy little face turn into a small smile.

She chugged the coffee down in a second and jumped out of bed, "okay but I get first shower!" she announced sprinting for the bathroom.

I laughed and went to leave to room when my phone rang, "yes?" I answered.

"Boss, you've gotta get down here shìts crazy. The whole place just went up in flames!" one of my men informed me.

"F*ck sake, was anyone inside?"

"I don't know, I hope not because there is no way they survived."

"F*ck!!! I'm on my way, I hope you called the fire brigade first."

"Uh..."

"Idiot!" I yelled before ending the call.

Shìt! One of my warehouses had been hit. There goes millions of dollars worth of weapons and ammunition, this is really going to set my business back months. Who the f*ck would do something so stupid? This was an act of war, and I'm curious to know how they found my warehouse in the first place. I had a feeling there's a rat lurking close to me, too many unexplained coincidences and accidents lately.

"Rosalie!" I called out.

The bathroom door opened and she walked out wrapped in a towel, a sweet fruity scent filled my nose as she walked past me into the closet, which I found irresistible.

"What's up?" she called from inside the wardrobe.

"One of my warehouses has been burned down, I need to go assess the damage and deal with that. So we will have to see Drea a bit later unfortunately."

"Oh my god, why would that happen?"

I sighed "I think someone did it on purpose, I lost millions Rosa, this is going to f*ck me up for at least a month before I can do anything to retaliate."

She walked out of the closet wearing the tightest jeans I've ever seen with a black sweater to match, I lost my train of thought for a second shamelessly checking her out.

"You don't think my father had anything to do with it do you?" she gasped.

"I think there's a fat chance."

I caught her expression change from surprise to sadness. She looked up at me with guilt written all over her face.

"Cole I'm so sorry, all the pain and drama my family has brought into your life is unforgivable, that's why you helping me means so much, you could easily turn me away and you probably should. But you haven't and I will be forever grateful to you even though you're a massive pain in my ass," she giggled.

"Hey!" I laughed.

"We are going to make them pay, I swear it!"

Something came over me right then, a sense of relief like I wasn't in this alone. It was strange but in that moment when I looked at her, I didn't see her father brutally murdering my parents in front of me. I just saw her, standing before me with all her beauty nearly knocking the wind out of me. I had always known she was attractive but right here, right now I was not looking at her through tainted lenses and I thought she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever laid eyes on.

Before I could stop myself I closed the gap between us pinning her to the wall. She gasped and stared at me with anticipation, awaiting my next move. I smirked and leaned in closer to her face, hovering my lips above hers ever so slightly. She stared into my eyes with a look of lust but also confusion. I had no idea what I was doing, I shouldn't get close to her but I couldn't help it, there had always been something about Rosalie that pulled me in.

"What are you waiting for?" she whispered.

With that one little question I was happy to risk ruining everything...

Authors Note:

Hey lovelies! 🌹

How did you like this chapter? Leave me a comment down below!

Till next time.

Xoxo