Reminiscence

I was very young when I first came to Mt. Ebbot. Probably around 5 years old. I don't really remember how I fell into the Underground that day, but I did. I fell into a massive cavern and I remember seeing nothing but darkness until everything went to black.

I woke up to something soft tickling my nose. As I opened my eyes, I saw a strange face looking down on me. It almost looked like a goat. A white goat with emerald eyes like a human's and white sharp teeth. He was also clothed, and, unlike a goat, stood on his hind legs and had actual hands and feet instead of hooves. It was his hand that had tickled me so for, even though he had four fingers and an opposable thumb like me, his hands were covered in the same short, white fur that covered him everywhere else. He was about my age; young, just barely not a toddler and just mastering some elemental language.

"Are you ok?" he asked me.

"No," I whimpered and cried because I did hurt all over.

I think it was my crying that brought Toriel and Asgore to us. I don't remember much from then on for a while except for a few images. It wasn't until I had been in the Underground for a few months that I was officially adopted into the Dreemurr Royal Family...

\

In the grove by the river, Asgore and Toriel were perplexed by this and couldn't believe what they were hearing. But they did not interrupt and waited instead to hear the rest of the story. Frisk, too, didn't interrupt. But, unlike the King and Queen, she believed Ray's story and listened to his life story.

\

The years went by and me and Asriel grew very close, which made sense because not only was he the very first friend I made in the Underground, we also seemed to be the same age, roughly. Sure, he would most likely outlive me by a few thousand years, give or take a century or two. But, in the years of growing up, me and him were pretty much equal. We did a lot together: bug hunting, playing pretend games, drawing...

I also grew closer to my new parents and I grew to love and trust them. My mother was the wise and gracious Queen of Monsters and expert pie baker. My father the kind and mighty King, who loved to play with his sons and tend to his garden.

For a year or so, it was just the four of us. The Dreemurrs...

However, time moves on and life always finds another way to spread.

I remember me and Asriel playing around with a video camera when our parents called us into the castle. We both ran into the great home and ran into the living room, tripping over each other. Asgore was standing next to Toriel and she was carrying something.

Asgore knelt to me and Asriel and said in a somewhat hushed tone. "Shh...Quiet now children. You'll wake her."

Confused, me and Asriel looked at the bundle Toriel was holding. She gently undid a fold of the soft cloth and revealed a small, white head.

"Children," Toriel whispered, "this is your new baby sister. Her name is Torigal." At this she looked at Asgore with a look that said, "Are you sure?" He only responded with a proud grin that said, "Yes."

More time went on and we all grew under our parents' loving care. Torigal grew into a sweet young boss monster, much like her mom in many ways. And, like her mother, was extremely protective of me and Asriel. She always loved to wear dresses, even as a preteen.

Me and Asriel grew up into quite the rowdy bunch. We would explore the caverns of Waterfall and the machinery of Hotland all day. We would cause a lot of trouble playing pranks on local monsters. I remember one time me and Asriel were exploring Waterfall and had just left the Temmie Village. It was one of our first visits there and it left an impact on me to say the least.