Chapter 12: Spooked

Neil's POV:

    Nikki and I were on the boat to the WoodScouts headquarters when we saw a huge, bright spotlight far to our left.

    "Uh, Nikki? Do you think that's a bad sign? Should we turn back?" I nervously asked Nikki from the back of the boat.

    "It's nothing! Everything's gonna turn out great! I've never been to the WoodScouts' before, this is gonna RULE!!" Nikki exclaimed.

    "You sure? That kinda sounded like the-"

    "Shut up, Neil! We hit something!"

    "You'd be worried too if you'd use your brain instead of-"

    "Hiya!"

(Y/n)'s POV:

    While we were alone, me and Max started talking.

    "(Y/n)? Are you asleep?"

    "No."

    "Good. So, uh, I wanted to ask you a question."

    "Ask away."

    "Do you think we'll be stuck here forever? I mean, I just want your opinion."

    "How am I supposed to know? Besides, that camera means they're watching, so we should just shut up."

    "You're right."

    There was an extremely awkward silence for a few minutes, and then I decided to break it, "Hey, remember that deal we had before?"

    "Which one?"

    "The one about you telling me your backstory in exchange for mine."

    "Oh, that one. What about it?"

    "Well, I was wondering if we could bring that back. You already know it's a pillow, but if you would just tell me your bear story, then I'll explain why the pillow's so important."

    "It would be nice to know why you love that stupid pillow so much. Alright, re-deal."

    "Well? Go on, start the talkin'"

    "Jesus, okay, fine. The reason Mr. Honeynuts is so important to me is because my mom gave it to me. I've had it since I was a baby, and it's the only thing that has really stayed the same throughout my life. My parents are much more focused on my work then they are me, and because of their work they travel a lot. I pretty much go to a different school every semester and well it's been hard to make friends that I can keep in touch with. They own a small business that continues to grow. The more it grows, the more we travel. And it has grown a lot."

    "What type of business do they own?" I asked, very intrigued.

    "They're videographers. If you don't know what that means, it's basically filming important events like weddings and court arrangements. Dad does the filming, mom does the editing. The reason they move so often is because they want it to grow and they do this by going to bigger cities. They started out in Boise, Idaho. Then they moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where I was born. Then Madison, Wisconsin. Then St. Petersburg, Florida. Then Orlando. Then Wichita, Kansas. Then Tulsa, Oklahoma. Then Austin, Texas. Then San Antonio. Then Houston. After that, Chicago, Illinois, and that's where we live now. They're saving up to go to New York, but if they can't get that much money then we'll go to Los Angeles. When I was born, it was an accident. They told me themselves, faulty condom. They didn't want a kid, weren't expecting it, but decided it would help with PR. You know, relating with the clients. But just because they had me didn't mean they paid attention to me. Mom took a couple months off when I was born to make sure I didn't die and stuff and dad edited. Once she decided it was too boring and she should be helping out more, off she went to work and I went to daycare. At first, I wasn't even at daycare. At first I was just alone at home with Mr. Honeynuts. They got that for me when I was born at a store right beside the hospital. That's why I love him so much. He stayed consistent. He stayed loving. He stayed... perfect."

    "Wow. That's not what I expected." I responded, able to tell he finished his story.

    "What did you expect?" Max asked with a skeptical look on his face.

    "With your hoodie and all, abusive parents. I thought maybe an aunt or something gave you that bear but that aunt was dead. But that just goes to show not to judge a book by its cover!"

    "Huh. Well, now that I told you my past, how about you tell me yours? About, you know, Batman."

    I groaned. "Fine. You wanna know why I need that pillow back? Well, I'll tell you, you little motherfucker..." and then I told him. Everything. About my family, about Charlie. Everything.

Gwen's POV, after (Y/n)'s speech:

    "Gwen?" David asked, still not keeping his eyes off the screen.

    "Yes, David?"

    "What're we gonna do?"

    "I don't know. We shouldn't know what we now know."

    "I meant about the kids. They're so young! They shouldn't have to be dealing with this at such a young age!"

    "Jesus, David, this is why Max didn't wanna tell you."

Nikki's POV:

    "Hiya!" a young dirty blonde with a yellow and purple shirt, purple shorts and very snazzy shoes said.

    "Oh, hey! Jasper, right?" I asked, recognizing him.

    "Correct-a-mundo! Hey, while you're here, do ya think you could help me out with something?"

    "Depends on what it is." Neil added.

    "Well, I don't think you wonderful folks have a choice!" Jasper happily replied, floating up while his pupils started getting so big that they filled his entire eyes.

    "W-What are you doing, you were nice last time!"

    "Oh hooey. I forgot about that. Well I guess now I realized I need something from you two." He smiled.

A/N: I hope y'all enjoyed this one! I have a pretty solid plan for the next chapter so hopefully it won't take as long to come out. Btw, both the Flame Princess X Reader and the WoodScouts Max AU story should be out fairly soon, I've started and have covers for both. Also, 47K reads?! Y'all are the best! Thank you so much and an even bigger thanks to those who are following me, because I recently got up to 200 followers! Man, I wish I was this popular at school!
Hints for next chapter:

 Also, 47K reads?! Y'all are the best! Thank you so much and an even bigger thanks to those who are following me, because I recently got up to 200 followers! Man, I wish I was this popular at school! Hints for next chapter: