Chapter 11: Motives

Third POV, Camp Campbell(the next day):

    The Quartermaster was watching the kids at Camp Campbell when Nikki came up to him and asked, "Hey, where's the new girl?"

    "Yeah, and Max." Neil added, walking up behind Nikki.

    "I dunno." He responded while walking away.

    "But you're the only one who has a chance of knowing anything, so you have to know something!" Nikki pleaded, running after him.

    He stopped, causing Nikki to run into him, then he slowly turned around and looked down at Nikki, his one good eye twitching just a bit. Nikki gulped.

    Then he kneeled down to her level, attempting to be sincere. "Look, kid. I may seem creepy to youngin's like you but I care. I care about this camp, I care about the other counselors and I care about the campers. I may want... privacy... sometimes, of course, but that don't mean that I don't wanna help y'all out. I watched good ol' Davey grow up. And I hope to watch even more of you grow. Even if the science kid is obviously a Jew. So just work with me here. If I tell ya where they are, then more kiddos might be in danger."

    "I'm sorry, ok! I'm sorry for saying you would skin Max alive. But you've gotta tell me where they are. It's BORING here without them!"

    "How much you two gonna bother me about this?"

    "Well, I will probably stop bothering you after about three times. But, knowing Nikki, she may do it for infinity." Neil answered.

    "Fine," he sighed as he stood up, "They went to the WoodScouts' headquarters. But if you go after them, you didn't hear it from me."

    "Great! We didn't hear it from you!" Then Nikki grabbed Neil's arm and dragged him along toward the dock.

    "Well shit. Eh, it woulda happened eventually."  Quartermaster said while looking toward them, afterward going to presumably help the other kids but more likely kill something.

Gwen's POV(the next day):

    David and I were sitting chained up in some sort of creepy-ass dungeon thing when that perv Edward Pikeman came in with a bald WoodScout rolling a TV on a cart in behind him.

    "What do you want with us, asshole?!" I yelled.

    "Oh, sweet, sweet, Gwendolyn. All I want is for the WoodScouts to get what we deserve." He creepily (and rapistly) responded.

    "Where are the campers!?!" David yelled, pulling on his chains.

    "How funny, I was just about to show you." Pikeman then turned on the TV and it showed Max and (Y/n) with the WoodScout that had an eyepatch holding a sharpened candy cane to Max's throat.

    "Max? Max! Max, I'm here! (Y/n), Max, I'm gonna save you!"

    "They can't hear you. If you wish, I could allow them to. But I'm not so-"

    "Please! Please let me talk to them! Please, they need to know they're alright!"

    "Well, now that I think about it... no."

    "What do you mean no? Just let the fucking man talk to those little shits." I said, immediately regretting it.

    He came closer to me. "And just why should I do that?"

    "Because, asshole, the camp counselor next to me might start going insane if he doesn't get to talk to them."