Chapter 4

Hunk was watching over Keith, who was now passed out on their couch. He felt terrible for him, and for everyone else. He missed Lance. His friend had been gone for so long, it was getting really boring without the constant remarks, jokes, and over-the-top drama.

He glanced at the kitchen, where everyone was chatting, then back at Keith. I wish we could just find Lance already.. Keith mentioned him getting medicine, so if I'm correct.... He thought, then stood up quickly, Of course! he probably went to the Medical station all the way across town! no wonder he isn't anywhere close! He thought, excitement buzzing in his heart as he turned and made a run towards everyone.

"Guys! I know where we can find Lance!" He bursted. Hera and Nick looked at each other, hope blazing in their eyes. Shiro was first to speak, "Where do you think, hunk?" He asked, looking at everyone, "Sooner we get there, the better"

"The medical station. Across town" Hunk replied, then looked at Pidge, "Remember that station, Pidge? the one we went to when you were ill?" he asked her. Pidge nodded, "Of course I do, but we will never make it there before it gets dark" She sighed, but her eyes filled with hope, "Unless we take the trail way. But only Keith knows how to get down that way. he has more experience than all of us.. and he's passed out on the couch-"

"Not anymore" Keith grunted, walking into the room with his hand on his shoulder, "I can go" he said. Shiro was about to protest, but Keith gave him a look, "Don't even try and stop me"

Nick walked over to Keith, "Then at least put this wrap on your shoulder. Hera and I found it while looking earlier. When we find Lance, we will give you the medicine" He said sternly. Keith gave a small smile, then nodded, "Fine then"

***

It was dark outside when they began, mist from the incoming rain sprayed their faces as they ran. The buildings were getting smaller and smaller as they got more into open fields, but they didn't stop to walk, in fear of a zombie catching up to them, or them getting lost.

Damon was the first to speak, "Well Keith, where do we go?" he asked. Keith wiped water from his forehead as he ran, "The trail way is a mile from here. we find it, and go east towards the railway, where the dead and rusty train is. take a left of it, and follow the tracks. that's the Trailway" he panted.

"How long will it take?" Hunk asked, already out of breath. He didn't stop running though. the thought of finding Lance was greater than the throbbing pain in his side from his running. Shiro said nothing, his eyes focused on the road ahead, and watching Pidge to make sure she didn't fall as she slipped and slid in the churning mud.

"About eight minutes to get to the Railway, then two minutes to get to the Trailway, then ten minutes to get to the medical station" Jared said. Damon blinked in surprise at Jared, half realizing he said more than a few words.

as they ran, Keith noticed something was watching them from behind a dead tree, and stopped running. Something was telling him to stop. He nearly bumped into Nick when he stopped, who gave him a death glare, "Keith, why'd you stop!-"

"Shh" Keith shushed him, holding out his hand to signal the others to stop running, which they did hesitantly. The figure behind the dead tree stood there for a few minutes before limping out behind it. Lance gave them a cheerful, teary eyed grin and fell to his knees.

Keith was first to run towards him. his heart was pounding as he skidded on his knees and embraced Lance in a hug, "Lance! no way, you are okay!" He cried, his hands trembling as he tightened his grip on the Cuban boy. Lance smiled, broke the hug and handed Keith a small bottle, "Here. I went all the way down town. The medical station didn't have it, so I had to look farther-"

Keith grabbed Lance's head, "I don't care" He said with a grin, "You're okay. you're alive, and you aren't hurt-" He paused as he looked at Lance's leg, which was bleeding, "Wait. what's that?" he asked, looking back up at Lance.

Lance gulped and handed Keith the medicine, "Here-"

"Lance" Keith said sternly, which made Lance tremble, "What happened" Keith added.

Lance looked at the others, who had crowded around him, then covered the wound with both his hands, "About an hour ago.. I... I..." he paused in fear;

"I got bit by a zombie"