Chapter 1

Keith clenched his jaws together, the bite. He thought angrily.

Damon was crying as he lifted the bodies of his family, trying to wake them up. Jared watched in horror and sorrow.

Nick was whispering soothing things to Hera, who had began to cry. Nick looked over at Keith, "It was Oliver, wasn't it.?" His voice cracked.

Keith nodded, "the zombies can't get in, so it already had to be in here when we left" He choked on his words, why Oliver..?

Damon stood up and tried his best to smile, "Guys, it's okay.. everything will be fine, look at it this way.. so many people have died.. but yet we are still living? We wouldn't be living right now if we didn't have a purpose" Damon began rambling, but you could clearly tell he was somewhat distant.

Keith could see Lance in every bit of him besides looks. He turned away and began to leave, but Jared grabbed his shoulder.

"Keith? Where are you going?" Hera asked, walking over as she tied her brown greasy hair into a ponytail.

"I'm going to look for Lance. I'm worried that whatever happened to Oliver will happen to Him" Keith felt tears stream down his face, "Please. Let me look"

Jared nodded, turned and opened the closet that rested near the front door.

Damon gasped and, after a few moments of silence, ran over, "I call the A.K.47!" He shouted, earning a protest from Nick, who had also wanted it. Hera picked up two giant knives from the kitchen, not wasting any time with the two. Jared picked up the pistol and, just in case, a knife from the kitchen. Nick ended up giving Damon the A.K.47 and having the Rifle to use.

Keith, even in the sad mood he was in, couldn't help but smile as the others got their weapons. Keith looked at Nick and Hera, "Let's grab Shiro and the others from my gang to help"

"Oh yeah. I forgot you weren't in our gang" Damon gave a laugh, "I guess you kinda are though, right? I mean, you stayed with us, fought for us, cried with us, you've been through a lot with us. I count you as one of us"

Nick nodded, "Yeah, I kinda felt the same way"

Hera smiled, agreeing with Nick's words. Keith never thought he'd hear Nick agree with him before.

Jared shut the closet, locked it, and nodded to him, "Let's go"

"We will grab your friends and find him" Nick smiled, opening the door and walking out. Damon skipped out after making sure his gun was on "safety", and Jared followed after him.

Hera stopped Keith before he walked out with them, confusion lighting up his gaze as she looked at Him, "You realize that once this is over, and you leave us all for good, Everyone is going to be upset, right? Especially Damon. He likes you a lot-not as in a crush- and Nick told me that Damon was looking forwards to having you around"

Keith nodded, "I know that.. but my friends.." he sighed. Hera shook her head, "We all don't need another heartbreak. We don't want to loose another part of our family" Hera turned and walked outside.

Keith stood there for a moment, thinking, then he got an idea.

***

Keith had been chatting with his friends as they made their way up the side of the building that led to his hide-out. Damon had been too afraid of heights to go up, so Hera volunteered to stay with him.

Keith knocked on the door, Jared and Nick waited with Keith impatiently, "Shiro? It's Keith" Keith called, and after a few moments the door swung open and Pidge had Keith in a hug, "Keith! I'm so glad you are back! ...Hey, these are some of the guys from Oliver's gang" she said, breaking the hug.

Keith nodded, "Yeah. Pidge, I need you to gather Shiro, Hunk, Coran, and Allura" he said, his voice hard and hopeful.

"We are going to find Lance"