-ˏˋ thirty seven ˎˊ-

(SLIGHT SPOILER WARNING)

ok so i was reading the comments and i actually got a few actual messages, n i just wanted to say before you leave that i promise nothing serious happens. there's no character death, and no one is cheating. but !! it does get a bit sad, so prepare for that, but i promise this story has a happy ending. ily

☾ ☽

"you have no idea what's causing it?"

eliza's eyes flickered over to where dan sat in the large arm chair, staring blankly at the wall. his face was almost pale. phil bit his lip.

"no," he muttered, taking a sip of his hot chocolate, frowning. "no idea."

"well could it be..." her eyebrows furrowed. "i dunno, jarvis?"

"maybe," phil replied, but he knew what he thought it was. the idea had already set in his mind.

dan was in love with him, and it was hurting him. so extreme of an emotion was too much for him. he knew it sounded a bit conceited, like he was just assuming dan loved him, but it was the only thing he could think of.

he looked over at him again. dan was staring at his hands now, not exactly in an interested way, in a dull, pointless way. phil sighed. his chest hurt for him.

eliza was starting towards him before phil could stop her.

"hey," she said, kindly, but not softly. "dan, c'mon, get up. let's go somewhere or something, yeah?"

he didn't answer. phil thought he saw him frown a bit, but he might have imagined it. eliza sighed, leaning forward to poke him.

"dan..."

no response for a moment, but he sighed softly, looking at her.

"i don't want to."

"why?"

"hurts too bad." he hugged himself, wrapping his arms around his own waist. "please just leave me alone..."

phil's heart broke a bit when he heard that, and he chewed on his bottom lip, following after eliza.

"liza... leave it."

she sighed, nodding and holding her hands up as a form of surrender. "i swear, he's depressed or something."

phil caught dan glaring at her, and he frowned. he had never seen dan glare at anyone. let alone one of his friends. he moved towards him.

"really, are you okay?" he asked in a whisper, reaching out to touch his face.

"yeah," he said tightly, flinching away from his touch. "i'm perfect."

phil pressed his lips together, incredibly worried.

"is there any way i could help, love?" he reached out to touch his face again, and dan's eyes flashed. he grabbed phil's wrist tightly, and phil's eyes widened.