-ˏˋ thirty six ˎˊ-

this is gonna sound like a really needy request but i really like it when u comment it makes me !!! could y'all comment a bunch on this chapter ily

☾ ☽

dan still had the feeling. both of them, actually. the tingling at the back of his neck, that told him he was being followed, and the ache in his chest that hadn't disappeared from the day before.

it was driving him crazy, but he tried to immerse himself in work so he couldn't think about it.

dan handed a lady her irises, smiling brightly at her and waving as she stepped aside, revealing a boy. he looked maybe eighteen, with blond hair and eyes a little darker than phil's, but blue nonetheless.

great. he was already comparing this boy to his boyfriend.

which he should not be doing.

dan had to admit, he was attractive; his lips were full and pink and were turned up in a crooked grin. he stepped forward, shoving his hands in the pockets of his sweatshirt.

"hey."

dan smiled like he normally would, tried to keep it professional.

"hello. can i do something for you?"

"yeah." he leaned on the table, his hand inches away from dan's. "you could give me your number, for one..."

dan's eyes widened, and he froze in place. so that wasn't just him-- this guy was flirting with him.

dan opened his mouth to respond, but someone beat him to it.

"no, actually, you can't." an arm around his waist, a familiar scent. dan sighed softly in slight relief. "he has a boyfriend."

his eyes were like icy fire, piercing right through the boy. he stepped back, holding his hands up in surrender.

"my bad, man." he smirked, his eyes traveling over dan. "i should have guessed." he touched his own neck. "the hickey is kind of a give away."

phil laughed in a monotone, glaring at him. "ha-ha. go."

the boy obliged and phil's arm around him tightened. he didn't relax like dan had expected, and dan met his eyes.

"are you okay?"

phil bit his lip, staring into space before looking at him back. "not really." he paused. "what would you have done if i hadn't gotten here?"

dan blinked in surprise.

"i would have told him no," he said firmly, searching his eyes. phil nodded a bit sadly, and dan's stomach panged.

"okay. i trust you."

"good." dan tugged on his arm, needy. "let's go home."

phil woke up with that same feeling, residing in his bones.

he was jealous.

he wasn't sure how it had lasted all night, he was usually an extremely chill person. something about seeing dan with that other boy...