Chapter 9

"Hold on a sec, when you called him another girl picked up the phone and told you she was his girlfriend?" Patricia repeated after I finished explaining to her what happened a few nights ago.

"Yes, that's exactly what happened" I said sadly. "He said he didn't have a girlfriend. Do you think he was lying to me?'

"Well if he was then he's a total a** and you should just get rid of him" she replied taking a sip from her smoothie.

"He's been calling and texting, I just didn't want to deal with it right now" I told her as I grabbed my bag and got up.

We had just finished our last exam so we were going to go to her apartment to hang out for the rest of the day because she said I needed a relaxing night.

"You should just talk to him and see what he says. If he was lying and he does have a girlfriend, then I don't think you should see him anymore. But on the other hand, the girl could've just been lying and is a total psycho" she told me.

I laughed "Yeah let's hope it's the second one"

The cab ride to Patricia's apartment was short and when we got in I went straight to the kitchen.

"I'm starving!" I said while rummaging through her cupboards. "Exams make me so hungry and tired, thank God they're over!" I groaned and got a tub of peanut butter and an apple.

Patricia grabbed a bag of chips and then we both headed to her bed. She had a really big flat screen and it was the best place to watch Netflix.

"So, when is the Victoria's Secret show again?"

"Tuesday, December 19th" I told her. "So I'm leaving in about a week because we have to be there about 7 days ahead to go over everything and explore the city I guess."

During the week all I have been doing is studying and going to the VS headquarters for our fittings so I'm excited to finally have everything finished and to go explore London.

"I really wish I could come. I know you really want me there but with my new job and everything I can't risk it." She said taking out a big handful of chips.

"No I get it, it just isn't going to be as fun without you and I know you would love to see London" I told her and snuggled into her blankets.

After hours of TV show binge watching, we decided it was time to call it a night since she had to wake up early tomorrow for class and it was already 12. I also had some packing to do for the fashion show so I need time to do that.

Taking the subway back to my apartment I got there in a short amount of time. I expected to see the people roaming the streets at this time like always so I wasn't surprised when someone tried to ask me for money at the subway entrance like they usually do.

What I didn't expect was to see someone sitting or rather sleeping beside my door. I already knew who it was without having to get closer, so I just kept walking towards them to my door. The anger and disappointment I felt when I got closer was growing and I debated on just leaving him there for the whole night on the cold floor.

I stood there for a solid 3 minutes fighting myself until I came to a decision. I crouched down and tapped Sean on the shoulder and when he didn't even move I had to try harder. I put both of my hands on his shoulders and shook him wildly, that certainly woke him up. His eyes started to open slowly and a frown set upon his face making him look confused.

"What?" He manages to say before he looks at me "Oh Jess you're back" He says happily.

If it weren't for me getting angry at him I would've swooned over him groggy smile and his deep voice after he woke up.