Chapter 6

The sun was shining through my window and onto my face as I woke up in the morning, but all I wanted to do was stay in bed and sleep. It was Monday and I was feeling really lazy today.

I rolled over and groaned and snuggled up more into my sheets for a few more minutes. I reached over to grab my phone to see what time it was.

"12 o'clock?" I said surprised.

I never sleep in this long. I wine into my phone and I had 100+ text messages and most of them were from, you guessed it, Patricia.

The texts were in all caps and started from congratulating me to telling me to text her back. I pressed call and as soon as it rang she picked up.

"JESSICA! Oh my god, I'm so proud of you! Tell me all about it. Were there a lot of girls? Were the casting directors nice?" She continued to ramble out questions.

"It was pretty amazing! It's nothing like I've ever done before. All of the girls were so pretty and I didn't think I had a chance going up against them. I met a few girls there and they all made it too. The directors were amazing and just what I had dreamed of them being and they were all very kind." I replied.

"Wow that's so cool Jess, have you told your parents yet?" She said.

"Oh yeah I called them last night they were ecstatic. They want me to go down for a visit soon." I replied, smiling at the thought of seeing my parents.

I miss them so much. I knew that moving to New York I wouldn't get to see them for a long time but it still doesn't help that I miss them.

"Awe that's great! Oh and have you told Sean yet?" She started giggling.

"No, I haven't talked to him since yesterday." I told her as I was getting out of bed.

"You're kidding right?" She sounded astonished. "You're telling me you didn't tell your hot hockey player boyfriend that you're going to model in the Victoria's Secret fashion show?"

"Ummm yeah why, what's the big deal?" I was really confused on why it mattered.

"The big deal is that he would be so impressed to find out that his girl is a Victoria's Secret model. And he'd realize that he has to up his game now." She almost yelled at me.

I laughed "Oh yeah for sure, he'll just drop to his knees and beg me to be his girlfriend." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Exactly!" She said seriously.

I just rolled my eyes silently.

"Oh, by the way, are you busy tonight?" She continued talking.
"Because Aidan canceled our plans and now I have nothing to do."

"Well I'm not busy so you can come hang here." I told her.

"Awe thanks. I was just gonna come over anyways." She told me truthfully.

I laughed "Okay well I have to get ready for the day, I'll talk to you later" I said going as I was making my way to the bathroom.

"Okay girl bye! I'll see you later. Woo girls night!" She said as I laughed and hung up.

I showered and got dressed in an oversized white shirt with knee fluffy high socks and then I went into the kitchen to make some breakfast.

I made a smoothie and put some food in Jazz's bowl then went to sit on the couch and watch tv.

It was now around 3:00 and all I've been doing is lying on the couch watching Friends. I heard my apartment door buzzer go off and I went to the speaker.