Chapter 5

"Hello" I said as I was taking off my robe and walking towards the judges at the front of the room.

Ed Razek, Monica Mitro, Sophia Neophitou the creative director and John Pfeiffer the casting director were all sitting there watching me walk in.

"State your name, age and where you're from please" Monica told me.

"Um... I'm Jessica Lemay I'm 19 and I'm from Canada" I state with a smile. I feel all of my nerves and butterflies in my stomach, so I try to relax a bit.

"Ok Jessica, so tell us how you've you been preparing for this casting" Ed says to me.

"Well I have been working out everyday with my fitness trainer or by doing ballet. I have a healthy eating plan that gives me just the right calories each day and I also have been studying more about modelling and watching previous Victoria Secret shows to see what they are all about." I told them confidently.

Sophia talks next "So tell us, Jessica, what does being in our fashion show and modeling for us mean to you?"

I stop to think for a second "Oh my gosh, it would mean the world to me! I have been working really hard ever since I was younger to get to where I am now and I've always dreamed of this moment! I also like the message that Victoria's Secret puts out to girls which is to be confident and love your body and yourself and to accept it just the way it is, self love is very important to me."

They asked me a few more questions about myself and modeling and then they were done.

"Okay thank you, Jessica, please show us your walk now." Monica tells me with a smile and a nod.

I walk to the back of the room and take a deep breath. I don't really remember what I did I just remember doing a turn at the end of the runway and then it was over. 

The four of them were whispering to each other while I was trying to calm my nerves.

"Thank you, Jessica you may go back out into the hall." Ed said and I said a thank you then walked back out just as another girl was walking in.

They were going to tell us if we got the casting at the end of the night so I had a long time to wait.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It was now 5:00 and I was sitting in one of the change rooms with some girls I met while I was wondering around.

"So how did your audition go?" A girl named Cassandra asked me.

Remembering my audition I answer "Umm I'm not really sure, I think it went pretty good and I think I did everything I wanted to do. But now it's they're decision and it's up to whether they liked me or not. How about yours?"

"I'm confident I did well. This is my second time auditioning so I better be picked or else I don't know what I'll do. I sure have improved from last year though." She answered confidently.

"Does anyone wanna go down to the cafe in the lobby and get something to eat? I'm starving!!" A girl named Sarah asked.

"Yeah I'll come with you I'm starving too." Another girl named Emma said.

"Yeah, I'll come with you guys. Cassandra do you want to come." I looked over at her while getting up.

"No, I can't believe you guys can even think of eating. I'm too nervous." She answered.

We told her we would be back soon and headed toward an elevator.

"So is this your first year Jess?" Sarah asks.