Prologue

April 25th, 2011

Flashback

I was sitting in the crowds, cheering on my hometown hockey team of the London Knights, as they were playing against our rival team. It was my fifteenth birthday, and my best friend Ryan had brought me to a game since he knows hockey is my favorite sport. Ryan has been my best friend since we were in diapers, he's the funniest, and sweetest best friend anyone could ask for.

I was watching my favorite player Sean Bresnan as he took the puck away and scored the winning goal in the last 5 seconds of the game, Ryan and I shot up so fast and started yelling and cheering really loudly. Sean Bresnan has been my favorite player ever since he got drafted here last year. He's just so perfect, he's an amazing hockey player, he has an amazing body and has amazing looks, especially his to die for smile, and the best part is he's only 4 years older than me. I've always had the biggest crush on him, even though he's unknown and he's only playing on an OHL team right now, I know he'll make it big one day.

After the game finished Ryan took me down to the locker room where the team is getting ready to come out to sign some autographs, "So did you enjoy the game?" Ryan started

"Of course I did, they played amazingly!" I replied excitedly.

"And how about that last goal Bresnan got in, huh? That was pretty sweet" He asked

"That was so awesome, I bet you he scored that goal for me," I said being delusional

"He probably doesn't even know you exist." He said, crushing my heart.

"Why do you have to be so rude, can't a girl have hope," I reply

"Hope is what kills us, Jess." He says dramatically.

"Ok, Shakespeare," I tell him sarcastically just as the first few players start to come out.

Connor Lane is one of them and he's also one of my favorite players too, so Ryan and I decide to go up to get his autograph.

"Hi, can you sign my shirt please?" I ask kind of nervously.

"Ya, sure" he answers, with a smile as I hand him my marker, I turn around so he can sign it and when he's finished I turn back around to thank him

"No problem, have a good night." He replies still smiling.

I smile back "Thanks, you too" and I go back over to wait for Sean, with Ryan.

About 10 minutes later he finally comes out and I feel butterflies awakening in my stomach as he walks through the door "This is it" I say to Ryan as we start to walk over to where Sean is signing some other fans souvenirs and stuff.

After a few minutes, it's my turn, I walk up to him and he's so tall compared to my 5'4 height.

"Hi I'm Jess would you mind signing my shirt?" I ask him thanking God I didn't stutter. "Ya, of course" he replies in a very deep voice, I smile and turn around.

"She's your biggest fan ever," Ryan tells him, my cheeks heat up with embarrassment and I turn back around to look at him.

Sean chuckles "Is that so?" He questions, looking down at me.

"Ya, I'm a big fan" I reply trying to keep it cool.

"And it's also her birthday today!" Ryan keeps on telling him, God can he learn to shut up I'm getting even more embarrassed now

"Oh, well Happy Birthday Jess," He tells me and now the butterflies are coming back.

"Thank you!" I smile.

"Ok why don't you turn around so I can sign your shirt now" he laughs and I turn around giving him the marker. I feel his fingers brush against my neck as he moves my hair out the way to start signing the back of my London Knights shirt. He starts writing a really long sentence from one side to the other across my shirt

"There we go." He says when he's done.

"Thank you so much," I tell him.

"Not a problem." He replies smoothly.

"Can I just have a picture also?" I ask him and I hand my phone to Ryan.

"Sure" he responds and puts his arm around my waist, and we both smile for the picture.

"Thanks. You had a great game tonight by the way" I finally say.

"Thank you, Have a great birthday!" He says smiling big as Ryan and I started to leave.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When I got home I took off my shirt and changed into my PJs then went downstairs to have cake.

My mom, dad, and brother were all sitting around the table with their presents and as I came down my mom went back into the kitchen.

I took a seat and then started to talk with my dad.

"So how was the game tonight? I saw we won and that Bresnan guy of yours was the one who got the last shot" he looked at me and raised his eyebrow a bit.

I blushed "Yeah it was really awesome. Guess what!" I told him getting really excited.

"What?!" He replied back.

"I met him tonight. Ryan brought me down to meet him and he signed my shirt. He was super nice and way better looking in person!" I said freaking out.

My brother just laughed at my infatuation. And just as about dad was going to reply my mom came out with cake and they started singing Happy Birthday to me.

When they were finished my mom placed the cake on the table and said "Make a wish honey"

I blew out the candles and thought of a wish. We all ate some cake and I opened my awesome gifts and we ended off the night by watching a movie.

Getting ready for bead I was putting my Knights shirt in the laundry when I remembered I forgot to see what Sean wrote on the back. I turned it over and started reading.

Thank you for being my biggest fan and supporting me. I hope you had a great birthday and I hope your wishes come true. Love Sean

P.s. You're the cutest fan I've ever met.

I might've had a mini heart attack

"Best birthday ever!!" I squealed then fell into bed.

***********************************

Hey lovelies, I'm Mya! This is my first story ever and I hope you like it! I'm so excited to be starting it. Please send me feedback and your ideas. Remember to vote and comment!

Cover creds go to my bae XcarradineX