Chapter 3

On Saturday morning I was eating brunch with Patricia, and we were talking about how our nights were.

She texted me this morning asking if I wanted to go out, and now we're here.

She was telling me that she and Aidan had gone out to dinner last night and went to see a movie together, and how romantic he was.

I tried to be as interested as I could in the conversation while she was telling me, but I just couldn't stand hearing about how wonderful she thought her stupid boyfriend was.

After she was finished I told her about how Sean asked me to go out with him tonight, and how he was now playing for the NY Rangers.

"You lucky girl" she said after I was done the story "You're getting everything you've dreamed of since you were younger" she told me, and I felt the excitement grow through my body as she said it.

We enjoyed our meal and also talked about school and just caught up with each other and what we've been doing recently.

Around 12 we decided to go to my place and just hang out together and have a girls day. We were in the middle of watching Monsters inc. when I noticed the time.

"Patricia it's 4:30 I need to start getting ready" I yelled running to my bedroom and straight into my closet to pick out something to wear.

I didn't know what we were doing so I decided to text Sean.

J: Hey! I just wanted to ask you what we are doing tonight, so I know what to wear.

S: It's a secret. But wear a nice dress.

J: Ok fine. Can't wait, see you tonight.

S: Me neither, see you tonight Kitten.

Ugh, why does he call me that, it makes me go crazy inside.

I took out a simple black dress that hugged my curves nicely and placed it on my bed.

I made my way to the bathroom for a quick shower, and then came out to see Patricia plugging in my curling iron.

"Come on! Hurry up and get dressed" she pushed me out the door towards my bedroom. After slipping on my dress, I walked back to the washroom for Patricia to do my hair and makeup.

When she was done I took a look in the mirror, it was natural and light with a bit of eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. My hair was curled to perfection and I was ready to go out.

"Thank you so much." I said and stood up to hug her.

Patricia and I went to hang out in the kitchen, and I went to feed Jazz. I noticed it was getting close to 6 and so did Patricia.

"Hey Jess, I'm gonna go before Sean shows up so I don't make it awkward," she told me and went to go grab her coat.

"Ok, thanks, Patricia, I'll text you later, love you! Bye!" I went and hugged her.

"Bye Jess, tell me all about your date, love you too!" She called out just before walking out the door.

A few minutes later I heard a knock on the door and went to go open it. Sean was standing there, holding a bouquet of roses.

"Hey Jess" he smirked at me, and my heart fluttered a little.

"Awe Sean, those roses are so pretty, Umm I'm allergic though." I watched as his smirk fell into a frown

"Oh, Oh shit, I'm sorry umm, I di-" he started stuttering, and I burst out laughing.

"I'm kidding" I told him while still laughing at his reaction.