Chapter 17

"Efa, it won't be okay." I say with my hands over my mouth as I start to cry. I could never look at River the same way. He cheated on me. But yet, he's dying. And I still care about him enough to save him.

Efa has been making me stay in the house for the past 4 Days since I've been out of the hospital. She said it wasn't good for my health but I truly don't give a fuck.

"Emmer, River will be just fine. Hans, Kendall, and Orlando are looking for him right now." She slurs a bit once she says Orlando. She knew I caught that and she blushed.

"Yeah, but I'm his wife!" I plead but she just shakes her head.

"Anyways I have to go to the bathroom." She walks towards the door and leaves me hear in my bedroom all alone.

Then that's when an idea came to mind.

If I am very slow I can quietly sneak out of the penthouse without Efa even knowing.

Perfect!

I stand up and creep out the door until finally I notice that I'm standing in front of the front door.

"Let's do this." I whisper as I run out the door and down the elevator and swing into my car.

"I will find you River. Even if I die doing it."

++Unknown P.O.V.++

"He's dead Sir."

"Is he REALLY dead this time?" I plead as he nods his head.

I motion for him to take the body as I look over my plans.

"Sir." I hear Gram plead. I turn over to him.

"The lady has left the house. She is on 155th street." Gram pleads making me smile in joy. This is the moment. I'm ready.

"Let's do plan A12."

"NOW!" I yell making Gram run off yelling at everyone to take command.

"This will be perfect."

++Emmers P.O.V.++

I speed down the road asking everyone near the hospital if they have seen River. They all had said no or said 'can you say that again.' So, I just gave up.

Suddenly I hear my phone ring. It was probably Efa but I didn't know who it was for sure. So I look over to see an unknown number. That's weird.

I swipe to accept since my curiosity took over.

"Hello?" I plead.

At first it was quiet. It was like no one was on the line. Until I heard a voice say,

"Ems."

This is when my heart broke. I could literally hear it crack. River was alive. He was talking to me. But he sounded hurt.

"River? Where the hell are you?!" I yell practically hurting my own ears.

"Look, we can't speak of that now. I need you to listen to me."

"No River. Tell me where you fucking are and THEN I will listen!"