you give me the creeps

a scream echoed throughout the two houses followed by thundering footsteps.

luke casually leaned against his window sill while smirking. he closed his laptop to look up and watch elle sprint into her room, hair slicked back against her scalp and coated in a red liquid that dripped onto the floor.

"you alright there, pumpkin?" he grinned, sipping his cup of tea.

her eyes widened at the statement, marching over to her own window sill and she proceeded to point at him, "i was just showered in blood!". she gestured to her towel-clad figure that made elle look like she had just stepped out of the set of Carrie. "we promised no halloween pranks this year, you dick!"

luke shrugged evilly, trying not to focus that the only thing covering her was a towel. "i don't remember promising that. i said i'd think about it and i did. wait till you see all of the pranks michael and i have thought of this year!"

he watched her face fall before she became engulfed with anger, hands scrunching into fists and by the time she was screaming he had began to back into his room. he could still hear her yell, "PRANKS? WHY IS IT PLURAL? THIS BETTER BE THE FIRST AND LAST PRANK BECAUSE I SWEAR TO GOD LUCAS, IF YOU TRY ANYTHING I WILL RIP YOU APART!"

since they were eleven, luke and elle had always participated in an activity they created called halloween wars. in the week leading up to halloween, so many pranks were thrown, so many lives ruined.

three rules were established for safety:

1. mental and physical pranks have limits
2. no meddling in personal lives
3. once the war has started, you can't back out

last year, after luke had broken his wrist and elle had somehow gotten food poisoning, they made a pact. no more halloween wars, it was too dangerous.

clearly, luke didn't follow the rules. that means elle wouldn't either.

it started with a famous wet bed prank.

luke was fast asleep after a long day of school and tutoring. the poor boy was too tired to even hear when elle crawled in through his unlocked window, carrying a bucket of warm water.

his hand was already hanging from the bed, which made her job ten times easier. she placed the bucket carefully, lifting his hand slowly to carefully place it into the bowl.

needless to say, luke had a rough awakening the next morning, when he realized he had wet the bed. he jumped out of the bed, screaming, before his face ignited red when he realized what had happened. his mother rushed into the room, panting.

"luke, what happe- oh dear," she held back a smile, feigning sadness. "it's a okay, it's completely normal. maybe not for a boy your age, but just put your sheets in the washing machine before school." she gave him an awkward hug, before realizing his pants were wet.

the minute his mother left the room, he gritted his teeth, head turning slowly to be met with the smirk of elle, eating breakfast on her window sill as she watched the scene. "this was you, wasn't it?" luke fumed, his fists clenched at his sides.