puff puff pass

elle was having a really bad day.

it began with three missed alarms, getting stopped by a cop for speeding, arriving thirty minutes late to her job at the diner and having to deal with a toddler throwing a tantrum in booth one while watching him throw his mother's coffee down elle's white shirt.

and to add the cherry on top of the shit cake, luke and mona had made up. and mona decided that it would be a great idea to visit elle at her workplace and makeout with luke in a booth while glaring at elle.

it had been a horrible day.

all elle wanted to do was just get home,
strip down to her pajamas, watch movies in bed and think of luke.

but no, the gods were against her today.

on the way home from her job, elle's car decided to start to sputter and come to a complete stop on the edge of the highway. in the middle of the night. she groaned and banged her head on the steering wheel, tears threatening to slip.

she stepped out of her car, instantly being hit with raindrops. this only made elle's groans louder. she popped up the hood of her car as smoke came piling out of it. slamming it shut, elle walked back over to her door. she pulled on it again and again, only to realize that she had left her keys in the car with the doors locked. and the rain was coming down harder now.

finally, she decided that she needed help.

luckily elle had her phone on her and pulled it out, staring at the contacts list and wondering who to call. her mom was out of state on some business meeting, and natalia was on a date with michael. the couple was so love and elle didn't want to interrupt that. and at this hour of the night they were probably committing acts of the dirty.

calum and ashton were doing god knows what. that only left one person to call: luke.

elle sucked in a sharp breath as she tapped his name and her phone began to ring. she didn't let it out until she heard a groggy "hello?"

"luke!" she squeaked, slapping a hand over her mouth. "uh, d-did i wake you?"

"kind of. but it was more my fault to be sleeping at 2 am. what's up?" he asked.

"are you home right now?"

"yes," he replied with concern. "are you okay?"

"i mean, if you count being stranded on the side of the highway at 2 am because you're car is a piece of shit, then i'm just peachy." she sighed.

elle her some rumbling on the other side of the line. "damn elle, why didn't you lead with that? text me your location and i'll come pick you up."

"okay," she sniffed, looking down at her clothes. she was now soaking wet. "thanks, lukey."

"of course, ellie. i'd do anything for you." she could sense him smiling. "i'll be there in 5 minutes!"

and with that, he hung up. elle sighed, sitting on the hood of her car and just letting the rain hit her. her hair was soaked and sticking to her forehead while her clothes were practically plastered onto her body.