Chapter 12- Warmth

-Present day-

"Sans... Sans!"

The short skeleton snapped back into reality at the loudness of his friends voice. Grillby had never shouted (as far as he knew) in his life, yet , when heard, it was a soothing and sympathetic. Worry filled eyes had met with Sans' sockets . It was obvious the elemental cared deeply for the skeleton, a clear want for certainty that there was nothing to be worried about. And Sans returned those feelings fully. He doesn't know when he started to fall for the flame monster but all he knows now is that Grillby was the one he trusted most in this world, it was the same across other dimensions too: even Underfell. Every Sans had an unbreakable bond with their respective Grillby's it just so happened that he wanted to take that a bit further. He just couldn't figure out if Grillby felt the same way.

"S-sorry Grillbz, guess I zoned out, I'm just 'bone' tired. I'm alr-"

Slam!
Fiery hands were firmly thrust upon the counter, the glass Grillby was forever cleaning jingled from the vibrations from the sudden movement. The flame upon his head grew taller as the last of his patience was used on the skeleton.

"Sans, please, you are clearly not 'alright'. Your brake down's , the drinking, the bags under your eyes... you are not a well monster Sans, so spare me the disrespect and just tell me what's wrong!"

Shocked and slightly terrified, San's jumped back in his seat not expecting the violence and honest anger that escaped Grillby's lips. He was completely taken aback, Grillby was clearly hurt by his friends blatant lying and dishonesty. Letting out all of the thoughts and feelings he had bottled up inside him, but too much pressure will cause an explosion of all the raw emotion, and Sans had just witnessed that. He witnessed himself to put his calm and collected friend at the end of his wits, causing unseen anger to bubble to the surface. The calmest monster in the underground had just lost it. The pain radiated effortlessly from behind his glasses, guilt was the only thing Sans felt right now.

"Geeze Grillby, I-I had no idea, how long have you known? How do you know?"

Sans was taken into Grillby's warm calming embrace as tears began to form in the edges of both the friends eyes. The emotion growing each moment as the silence was shared.

" Sans I've known you for years, I don't need to talk to have a conversation. I've gotten used to reading body language and seeing subtle signs. So of course it was obvious that you have been struggling significantly over the last few months, looking for escape in jokes and alcohol and I can't ignore it anymore, I can't have you lying to me anymore. What's going on?"

"Okay, Grillby I'm so sorry, I never ment to hurt you please believe me. Oh god I've fucked up so bad... alright, I'll come clean 'bout the stuff I've been goin through, but the things I can't tell you are hidden own safety so please trust me on that... Also you can't usher a word about what I'm about to say to anyone, especially not Papyrus."

"I won't say anything, but Sans, he deserves to know..."