Chapter 4: The Chosen Guardian

Zacznij od początku

"No, it's a thing Manny does whenever he's gonna pick a new guardian... I wonder who's it gonna be?" Tooth said excitedly. 

"Maybe the Leprechaun?" Sandy signed. 

"Maybe..." Tooth said. 

"Please let it not be an old man. Please let it not be an old man. Please let it not be an old man." Bunny prayed with his eyes closed. 

North and Jack just stared at the blue crystal, waiting for a figure to appear. A light shone brightly that the guardians had to cover their eyes, when it disappeared, a figure of a girl with some sort of cloak with a weird f/c uniform. 

Everyone in the room even the yetis and elves except Jack gasped in shock. It was written in their faces. Jack looked at each one of them, they all looked like they've seen a ghost.

"Y/N L/N..." North trailed off. 

"What? She can't become a guardian again?" Bunny said angrily. 

"Wait. What do you mean again?" Jack asked confused. 

"Y/N L/N was chosen as a guardian before you but she refused to be one and left the workshop and never to be seen again. We thought she vanished or something happened to her. We haven't heard news of her until now." Tooth said. 

"So I was your 2nd choice? Ouch..." Jack said pretending to be hurt and pressing a palm to his chest.

"No, Tooth didn't mean it that way. She means that Manny saw that she wasn't ready to be a guardian yet so he picked you." North said. 

"Oh okay. But wait. Y/N L/N? You mean The Lantern? You mean she's real?" 

"Of course she's real mate. What ya think she was?" Bunny asked. 

"A thing that parents invented to tell their children before they go to sleep so they wouldn't disturb them." Jack said shrugging his shoulders. 

"I thought you stopped visiting the cities since it reminds you of Jamie." Tooth said. 

"Yeah, it does. But I'm still the Guardian of Fun and Spirit of Winter, you know..." 

The guardians nodded. When Jamie died, Jack was very devastated. Jamie was the first one to ever see him and a really close friend, it hurt Jack to the core. 

"But Manny how in the world are we gonna catch her? We don't even know where she is..." North said. 

A bright light engulfed them, maing them shut their eyes to prevent them from getting blind, and a silver compass was on the ground. North picks it up and begins to examine it. 

"Thanks Manny." North said as he smiled at Manny. 

"What did Manny say?" Tooth asked. 

"He said that the compass will help us find Y/N L/N. When you do find her, you haven to bind her well, say 'portalus' while thinking of the workshop and you'll end up right here." 

"Wait... What did you mean by 'you'? Aren't we all gonna look for her?" Sandy signed. 

"Nope. I still have a lot to do for Christmas." North said. 

"I have to paint and do more eggs." Bunny said. 

"I still have a lot of deliveries to make." Tooth said. 

"Sandman... I still have to look out for Pitch and his companion." Sandy signed. 

They all looked at Jack who was frosting the floor and some elves. When he noticed someone watching, he looked up to see all 4 guardians watching him, his eyes widned in realization. 

"What? No,no,no,no. No! I'm not doing it. I don't even know what she looked like." Jacl reasoned. 

"Neither can we do it, Jack, your the only one who can... Christmas is a month away and I still have a lot to do." North said. 

"After Christmas and a few months, Easter's coming up mate." Bunny said shrugging his shoulders. 

"Sandman..." Sandy signed.

"I still have a lot of deliveries to do. Sorry Jack." Tooth said smiling sadly. 

They all stared at Jack silently. Jack sighed defeatedly. 

"Fine. Argh...." Jack said frustratedly as he flew out of the window to find Y/N L/N, The Chosen Guardian.

A/N: Hey guys! I'M BACK!! *party poppers shot through the room* I'm so sorry for the late update... But its finally Sem-break *partying like a maniac* But the sad part is that my teachers still gave me and my classmates homework *cries*. And I'm currently in vacation with my family but the wifi is so slow (Argh) 

But don't worry, I'll still update. I'll update as much as I can. Comment down there on what ya think about the chappie. I'll keep in touch. Till next time...