"I'll Let You Get Away With it This Time"

That day after school, I went back home with Caleb.

We had to walk home alone today because when I checked the spot Shawn usually waits for us at-he wasn't there.

So, we went home, and my dad wasn't there -thank God, so I made us something to eat then we sat on the couch and watched T.V.

A few minutes later, the phone rang so I answered it.

"Hunter?", I said.

"Nah, it's Corey", Corey said from the other line.

"Oh, hey Cor-what's up?", I said.

"Still have'nt heard from Shawn?", he said.

"Nope", I sighed back."In fact, I'm gettin ready to go down two doors to his place and see what's up."

"Sounds like a good idea", he said."And hey, if you talk to him-tell him I want you guys to meet here in about 10 ok? Bring RugRat too."

"Alright, no problem", I nodded.

"Alright, see ya later-bye", he said.

"Bye", I said back then put the phone down."I'm gunna go see what's up with Shawnie-wanna go with me?"

"Yeah!!", he cheered and held his arms up.

"Alright, come on", I sighed then picked him up and put him on my hip as I walked outside.

I walked down the steps, around the house then down to Shawn's after that and walked up the steps.

"Can I knock Sissy?", Caleb looked up at me.

"Yeah sure", I laughed and he got the biggest smile on his face as he turned to the door.

"Ok", he said to himself, then he knocked twice, waited a second-then knocked one more time and looked up at me."Did I do it right?"

"You did it perfect", I nodded and messed up his hair.