First Day

"Here ya go Dad", I sighed as I walked over and held the plate of eggs and bacon out to him as he sat on the couch.

He flipped another channel then just grabbed it from me before looking down at it.

"I thought I said nO FUCKIN EGGS DUMBASS", he yelled then literally threw it back at me.

And of course I did'nt catch it, so it fell to the floor.

"Sorry, I forgot", I said as I bent down and grabbed all the broken pieces of the plate.

But as soon as I looked back up, he slapped me as hard as he could across my face and I fell back.

"Next time-don't fuckin forget then", he mumbled.

I scooted back even more and held the side of my face as the back of my throat started to sting.

But before anything else, I heard a door open from down the hall.

"Liah?? Liah??", I heard, then forced myself to get up to grab my 5 year old brother.

"Caleb-Caleb, heyy", I said as I picked him up quickly so Dad would'nt get annoyed.

"Are you ok Sissy?", he whispered and I smiled sadly.

"I'm alright honey", I smiled back."You ready to go?"

"Yeah", he yawned and rubbed his eyes as I put him back down.

"Alright, why don't you go grab your bag then?", I sighed.

"This broken shit ain't gUNNA PICK ITSELF UP!!....GET IN HERE!!", my dad screamed and I flinched.

"You go grab your bag and go out the back door then wait for me ok?", I smiled to Caleb before I stood up.

I walked back into the kitchen while Caleb walked back to his room then shut the door.

As I was picking up the broken piece of the plate and food, I saw my Dad twist the top off a beer and drink some.