Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {22}

Author's note:

I had fun with this one. I had a dream last night that I was Samantha and was wheeling Jack around

the yard. weird. lol. but his eyes shifted different colors. and he was really nice.

Anyways.. enjoy!

...........................................................................................................................................

Recap:

"Jack. Stay. Away. From. Samantha" He warned.

"No"

He pulled his arm from my hand and ran out the door angry. I smiled. Then went to find Samantha..

................................................................................................................................

(Samantha's POV)

I felt like walking in the woods again. Must be since I'm a Twiad is why I feel the need to. I brushed my hand against the trees and inhaled the wonderful scent.

"Samantha" I heard Jack behind me.

"Hey"

"What are you doing?"

"Enjoying nature" I inhaled another breath of fresh air.

"Have you ever seen what everything looks like from a tree top?" He asked.

"No. I'm terrified of heights"

He laughed and started climbing a tree.

"Jack no"

He continued climbing. He must have been 15-20 feet off the ground. Then. A branch snapped and he fell.

"Jack!" I screamed.

"Um.. Ouch" He muttered, clinched his arm.

I realized he was just kidding. Well at first I thought. Then he went to stand up and groaned loudly.

"Yup. Pretty sure my leg is broken" He gasped.

"I told you not to climb the stupid tree!" I scolded.

I helped him up and put his good arm over my shoulder. He hopped. He was so close to me. I could feel his pain in a way. That's how I knew he wasn't kidding.

We got to the doctor's room and I was so glad that they had a doctor.

I helped him up onto the table and sat in the chair in the corner. I felt so awful for him.

The doctor check him and came back with the plaster wrap stuff.

"You fractured your left leg and sprained your left arm" The doctor said while wrapping his leg up.

After he was finished. The doctor brought out a wheel chair. My stomach ached when I saw him in it. Poor guy.

I wheeled Jack out of the room.

"How is it that you hurt yourself after the war?" I asked as I pushed him into his room.

He chuckled. "Bad luck"

"If you need help let me know okay?" I told him.

"I'm not a baby" He muttered.

"Sure your not" I said in a baby voice and pinched his cheek. "I'll be back in half in hour okay?"

He rolled his eyes and I left to find Zack..

(Zack's POV)

I was nervous. Not just about asking Samantha to marry me soon. But leaving my planet Renton.