Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {19}

Recap:

"I need to save someone"

He sighed. Then grabbed my arm and we both went out the door. I felt his emotions. I didn't need to look into his eyes. His touch was enough.

But I couldn't read his mind or anything. I just felt what he felt.

I am different. The old Sam would have slapped the smirk off his face. But the new Sam realized she misses him and Zack. She didn't know what she had till it was gone.

I now have a second chance.

I had no idea where to go, nor who to save. But I will find them.

.....................................................................................................................

I ran ahead of Jack, but he kept a firm grip on my arm. I was wondering why I couldn't read into him.

"How come I cant see your thoughts or anything?" I asked.

He chuckled. "I blocked you"

"How?"

"Force"

I tried. Of course I had no idea if it would work. As we walked I watched his face. Trying to block him. I want to be private.

Then he frowned. He seemed upset.

"Ha! I did it didn't I?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. Obviously yes.

We were outside then. I was running blind nearly. Where do I go? Then the angel appeared in front of me again.

"Hello Sam" She smiled.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Who are you talking about?" Jack asked.

"The angel. She is in front of me. Cant you see her?" I asked.

"He cant see you" She smiled like she was happy about it. "Although I can see him.. WOW! He is a looker isn't he?" She appeared beside him. Looking all around him.

"Are you sure you're an angel?" I asked.

"Samantha. Are you okay?" Jack asked. His hand touching my cheek so he could see me.

"Please just believe me. Okay?"

He rolled his eyes and nodded.

"My name is Noel. And you have 30 minutes to find and save a person"

"Tell me who to save!" I shouted.

She was gone. Just like that. I just started running. Jack was right behind me. I definitely ran faster. Double the speed maybe.

"Samantha! Take a break!" Jack shouted. Then grabbed my arm and pulled me to the ground.

"Someone" I panted. "Might die!"

"Shh.. Calm down. I think your too tired right now" He sat next to me and brushed my hair from my face.

"No. She said I will save someone"

I laid down on the grass under the trees. Jack laid next to me. His hand touching mine lightly.

"Could you read me when I was human?" I asked.

"Nope"

I nodded. Must only be between two Twiads. I looked over at Jack. His eyes were on mine.

Everything felt different. I was lost in his eyes. Every muscle in my body told me to look away. Wanted to move. But I didn't. he just leaned closer.