Steady Recovery

Ryan's P.O.V.

Over the course of five days, The Green as a whole was faced with two pressing matters as they returned to their underground base in D.C. - one was good and the other wasn't so great.

Lynn and the other wounded Rebels were healing well with the unending care of Daryl's medics and encouragement from those around them. Yet as time wore on, it was harder for the leaders to tell if this meeting would truly be the end of the revolution. Daryl was confident as ever, but Ryan and Ramona both saw that it was waning.

They were exhausted of what felt like the same situations and knew that as long as the terrorists holed up in D.C. still kept hold of the last strings they had, they would still have the power of the police state. After all, the people knew that the government had been lying to them. Riots still popped up around the country, but all were in vain, for they didn't know that the President and commanding General were gone. And there was no way the terrorists would let that one slip for as long as they could stand to.

In this case, Daryl also didn't know how long the people would be oblivious to the fact that they hadn't seen Carter's face in so long. It had already been a solid week and no news was released of even the captives being rescued. What happened in D.C. that day made no press because once a grain of truth came through the crack, there was a chance that all of it would break the door down. Daryl knew this as well as those terrorists did.

With that being true, though, most of the Rebels took to training again. Daryl reminded many that their ambush on the officers just a few miles away was their last mission, but even he knew it might not have been. Besides, there was little to do around there anyways. So many of those present were far away from home on the off-chance that the revolution would finally end, so the gym was their best form of entertainment. This included Ramona, who, like Ryan and their other close friends, wanted nothing more than to go back home. Ryan hadn't even realized how much he missed his house, which he hadn't seen for over two terribly long months now.

"Tedder, are you headed to the gym?" Asked Cherry right behind him. Ryan turned around to face her as she came up beside him, "Yeah."

"Ah, who's your tutor?"

"For training? Combat?"

"What else?"

"Oh. Uh, Ramona."

Cherry laughed.

"What?" He raised an eyebrow. She kept laughing, "Go figure. Let's just hope you guys don't start fucking on the floor."

Ryan was so taken aback at the remark that he couldn't come up with an immediate response. By the time he had a witty one, they were at the door and Cherry had gone in. It was too loud inside to say it anymore. Damn.

While they'd agreed to meet at nine that morning, Ryan ended up showing up a bit later on accident. Ramona was, of course, on time, and already in a ring at the back with a man in a lot of gear. She had none on.

Ryan came in right when she'd taken him to the ground with a well-placed kick. He let out a loud cry and she nimbly got up and walked to her water bottle. While doing so, she caught sight of him smiling.

"It's about time you got here." Ramona smirked. Ryan set his things down and stretched, "Lost track of time. I was talking to Glenn about some stuff."

He took a pause and saw the man get up and rub his lower back.

"You've gotten much better at fighting since I last saw you spar," Ryan continued as Ramona put her bottle down, "Maybe you can teach me some of those tricks."