epilogue

FIVE YEARS LATER

Nettie walked down the streets of Los Angeles, trying to find the building site she was going to be filling up with her own new apartment complex. As she walked through the sidewalks, she heard camera flashes and voices chatting and yelling across the road. She looked over, and saw a movie theatre along with many limousines and a red carpet, of course surrounded by paparazzi galore.

She crossed the street, very much interested in the commotion, and was barely able to see over the crowd, even with her high heels. Walking down the carpet, she saw a woman with dark skin and black hair in an updo, complete with a long, red dress and stilettos, stopping to speak with a reporter.

"Ms. Myers, did you enjoy working with the cast of A Delightful Appearence?" The woman nodded, but was bombarded with more questions.

"How was working on an LGBTQ film in such a demanding and tough industry?"

"How did you first become a director?"

The woman hushed them with her hand. "Firstly, the cast is all very mature and kind, and of course talented. Secondly, the industry, while tough, is also becoming more liberal and accepting with their views, which I have to thank or A Delightful Appearence would not have been possible. Thirdly, I was inspired by my friends and of course, my best friend. Lastly, I told you all to call me Teagan!" The reporters laughed at the director's casual responses, except for one voice.

"Tell us more about your best friend!" Nettie yelled over the crowd. The reporters moved slightly to let the director see Nettie, who held her breath. When the director saw her, her face sank in surprise, then smiled in utter joy.

"I haven't seen her in a long time, but I know we're still soulmates and we'll see each other again. It's a small world, after all." Nettie smiled at this response, and was pushed back by the cameramen.

Teagan walked inside, and Nettie checked her watch. I can meet with the developers tomorrow. She thought, and sat down on the street.

•••

The movie premiere ended, the audience applauding Teagan and the cast of the movie, as Teagan waved before walking out to go to the after party. A woman in a suit sat outside, doing something on her phone, before seeing Teagan and standing up.

"You look beautiful." The woman said. "It's so nice to see you."

"You look wonderful yourself... I just can't believe... how are you here?"

"I'll be working a block down on a new apartment complex. I got a job very soon after college, my teacher was very proud of my architecture work and offered me a job at his brother's agency." Nettie smiled.

"Teagan, where are you?" A red-headed woman in a blue dress ran out. "My lord, I thought I'd lost you. We have to go to the after party now. We can't be late." She looked at Nettie. "Hello there, are you a reporter?"

Nettie shook her head. "'No. Just and old friend."

"Okay, Dana, let's go." Teagan said as she motioned Dana to the limousine. "See you later, Nettie."

•••

nettiebear: it was nice to see you <3
greenteagan: i'm glad we talked, too. we should really catch up sometime. maybe over coffee?
nettiebear: sounds great. and tea?
greenteagan: yes?
nettiebear: i'm really glad i thought you were a boy.
greenteagan: me too.

•••
a/n; the end!

i wanted to thank you all for being such kind, supportive, accepting, devoted, and loving readers and friends to me. none of this would be possible without your support and love. i don't know a way to properly express my gratitude. you all make me a better writer and a better person, and i hope this story has helped you all in some way, too. i love you guys. 💗

(there will be more updates such as merch and prequels, but for now, if you want to see more writing from me, go check out my newest LGBT+ read, Unfaithful Devotion!)