92

"Thank you for coming to Subway, and have a wonderful day, Maria! Tell me how your son's graduation party goes!" Mason excitedly waved another customer off.

"Wow, you're really friends with... everyone... aren't you?" Tea softly spoke from the table she was sitting on.

"Mase's the pro at everything. He hasn't met a person who hasn't liked him." Kari walked towards Tea with a cleaning rag. "Get your butt off the table so I can clean it." Tea hopped off and walked over to where Nettie was sitting.

"Not true," Mason objected. "what about that elderly man that came in a few weeks ago?" His face was painted in guilt as he recollected the bad memory.

"He got mad because he thought we served ice cream. Do we look like a Coldstone's?" Kari scoffed.

"He probably has bad eyesight, poor old man. Maybe he forgot his reading glasses!" Mason gave a small gasp. "I hope he made it home okay." Nettie and Kari laughed at his too-kind attitude. "What?"

"You're too nice! Doesn't anyone actually hate you?" Nettie giggled.

"Everybody is hated by somebody." Tea muttered, causing the room to take a quick glance over to her.

Mason broke the silence "Hey uh, my lunch break's starting in two minutes, why don't we go get some coffee?" Mason offered, turning towards Nettie with a faint and nervous smile.

"That sounds great," Kari threw off her apron. "I'll come too."

"Who's going to watch the restaurant?" Mason asked nervously.

"First of all, this is not a restaurant. It's a fucking Subway. Secondly, I'll just text Rodriguez. He's probably just playing Call of Duty at his house anyways. God knows he needs money." Kari quickly tapped on her phone and waited a few moments. "He's cool to do it, let's go."

•••
a/n; lots of you have "theories" and stuff about Mason (regarding his sexualities and relationships) and i'm not confirming or denying any of them... yet...

QOTC: i mean none of you really answered this in the last chapter so... What are some headcanons you have for the characters? I'll confirm or deny them.
(An example for what a headcanon might be was in the last chapter, I'll put it here too.)
AOTC (example): Nettie's favorite color is baby blue! (Which is true by the way!)