Chapter Twenty four

Exes and Ohhs

Three days later, I was still pissed. I'd ignored Angelica's texts and vented my frustration on my school work.

Grace kept badgering me about college and I knew I wouldn't be able to hold her off much longer. It was time I actually thought about what I wanted to do when I grew up since... You know... I was growing up.

Maybe I'd look at some schools today and finally get around to applying to a few of them. I wondered where the hell the time went. A few months ago I was a senior and now I was nearly done. I now realize I actually forgot I was supposed to write SATs.

I sighed. I had a whole lot of work to do. Dammit. I didn't like work.

"Tari? Could you come down here a minute?"

I rolled my eyes.

"What?"

"Girl don't you what me. You're skinny and I can beat you up if I want to!"

I snorted. She wouldn't. I paused and hesitated; right?

Not willing to risk it, I left my books and stomped downstairs. It was Saturday and I was trying to catch up for on my school work. Wasn't this what she wanted? Why is she bothering me now?

I found her in the kitchen eating a banana and I reached for one then yanked my hand back when she swiped me.

"Ouch! What the hell!"

"Keep ya hands to yourself. Mine"

I pouted then sat on the chair and folded my arms across my chest.

Grace gave me an amused look.

"What is it mom? I was kinda busy up there"

She snorted.
"Doing what? Snapchatting?"

I rolled my eyes.

"For your information, I was studying chemistry"

She raised a brow and I shrugged.

"Well. It's about time you started thinking about school. Speaking of school. Here"

She slid a paper across the table towards me and I glanced at it. It was a cheque and my jaw dropped when O saw the amount. I delicately picked it up and held it in my hands.

"That's something I've been saving for you to-"

"I have money? I can buy shit?"

I said excitedly and then hissed in rage when the cheque was snatched roughly from my hand.

"Buy shit my ass. This is a college fund"

"If I go does that mean I can have it?"

Grace gave me a look.

"Tari, this is to pay for your entire school years. Not to stock up on nikes"

I pouted.

"But it's my money"

"Not if you don't go to college it's not. Then Dany and I are gonna take a cruise to Cajun and dump you here"

I glared at her.

"That's mean"

She shrugged.

"I'm not a nice person. Have you decided what college you want to go to?"

I scratched my head and she sighed.

"I'll take that as a no. How bout we go scouting today and check out a few?"