Chapter Twenty-one

Blue visits

I woke up with a frown at my ringing phone sighing to see Tommie's contact name pop up. She'd been calling my line off the hook and I was getting tired of ignoring her.

"What the hell do you want?"

I snapped immediately I answered.

"Tari! Hey. Can we talk?"

"For real? You actually asking me that?"

"Listen. How bout I come over-"

"You better not set foot in my house nigga. And stop calling me; you killing my new batteries. Good fucking bye"

With that I hung up.

I started to go back to sleep when a text popped up from Tommie. I didn't even bother reading it. I just deleted it and blocked her number. Great. Now I couldn't fall back to sleep. Resting back on my pillows, I decided to scroll till my phone for anything interesting.

I had a couple of texts from my old friends in ATL which I didn't bother replying. What was the point?

Green eyes: Wyd?

I saw on my screen and I couldn't stop a small smile from forming on my lips. I'd changed her contact name yesterday from Angelica to Green Eyes.

Me: Laying down and feeling hungry

Green eyes: Awe babe. Whatchu wanna eat?

Me: ooo. Chicken wings. Or maybe you. Idk

"Tari? Someone's here to see you"

I heard from downstairs and I sighed then dragged myself up. My mom met me on the staircase and from her face I could tell she wasn't happy.

"What the fucking hell are you doing messing with a crip?"

My mind blanked. Kane? She wasn't here was she?
I opened my mouth to answer and shut it close when she glared at me.

"I'm not. Not anymore"

"Any-"

She broke off and took a deep breath.

"Was she the one who gave you these cuts?"

I shook my head and we both jumped at the sound of a heavy knock on the front door.

"Dammit, go see her before she breaks down the fucking door. And then you Miss Oakman, are gonna come back here and explain to me why you got a big, bad crip looking for you"

I nodded meekly sensing I was in trouble and started to match past Grace when she held my arm.

"If she hurts you yell okay? I don't care how big she looks, I'll beat the shit out of her and we can both have matching funerals when she kills us"

I snorted but squeezed her hand before bounding downstairs and opening the door.

She was standing with her back to it looking broad shouldered in her black leather jacket. She turned towards me and her eyes moved over my face as if drinking my features in.

"Hi"

I muttered and she shook her head.

"Are you okay? I heard what that red bitch did to you"

She growled and I shrugged.

"Is that why you showed up at my door step? You freaked my mum out"