Chapter Nine

Pop ups

I ran.

Razor and the others were close enough to hop over the fence to the cars but Kane and I weren't so lucky.

We had to go way over to the other side of the school. I felt my stomach churn as we ran past Miguel's dead body and hoped the cops were far away.

It seems like Karma wanted to repay me for all the bad things I've done in my life.

"CPD. Freeze" We heard behind us.

Kane flew over the fence and I panicked. I couldn't climb it that quick. Shit! I tried to scramble over it with my heart in my throat.

She was leaving me. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I'd fucking trusted her. That was so fucking stupid. Why the fuck did I come here?

"Kane!"

I screamed in desperation at her retreating back. She froze then turned. Her eyes widened and then she was running back for me.

Hope welled in my chest and I hurriedly tried to get over the fence.

"Don't worry. I gotchu"
She roared.

I was nearly over the other side when a hand closed over my ankles.

"Freeze or Imma have to shoot you!"

I glanced back into the cops face in fear.

"Dammit kid Ion wanna hurt you" she growled at me tugging fiercely at my ankles. I felt myself slipping before Kane gripped my hand.

"I gotchu Tee but you gotta fight her" Kane gritted out.

I kicked hard at the cop nearly sighing in relief when I heard something crunch under my boots. Hopefully I got her nose.

She let go and clutched at her face swearing.

Kane pulled me over the fence and dragged me along.

"Good girl. C'mon!"

We ran hand past the school into the next neighbourhood.

I wasn't hearing the cop anymore but Kane kept going.

Suddenly, a car pulled over nearly knocking us off the road and she grinned.

"Get in!"

I obeyed and entered the back seat with Kane.

Razor was at the wheels.

"Shit"

Kane said running a hand over her face

"They get anyone?"

Razor shook his head
"Erry body accounted for. We got out safe"

Kane sighed in relief then looked over at me.

"You good?"

I was panting. My legs ached, my heart was still beating a mile a minute and my clothes were beyond dirty. And she'd come back for me. She could've left me alone back there but she'd come back even at the risk of being arrested.

I felt a smile tug on my lips

"Uh huh"

She gave me a guilty look
"I'm sorry about what happened back there. For real I thought you were right behind me"

I nodded.
"I know"

"Shit. I'm sorry bout this whole night. I mean I get it if you scared of me now"

She turned her head away and pouted.

I should be scared shouldn't I? My stomach was churning but it wasn't from fear. I was fucking excited. Jeez; I think I have a death wish.