Letter from a mythical demon

Hey people..I know i know. it's really horrible of me to not have updated for so long. but a lot of things happened.. My dad had a stroke, was in the hospital. so things were a little chaotic. then recently got a job. College sucks. it is sucking the life out of me. i know you guys don't need to know all this. but just thought I'll explain the delay.So hope you enjoy it. it's been a while.

The secretary nervously glanced at the envelope in his hands.

A letter.

He had to give it to his employer, but one look at the ominous door and the silence that existed behind the door drained him of any courage he thought he had.

He had recently started working here. The previous secretary had left due to some unknown reason. He didn't get much opportunities to interact with the office staff. Not that they seemed to be interested in knowing him. Everyone here preferred silence. 

Especially the man behind the door.

He looked at the door again and gulped. His instincts told him not to knock the door. But the letter had to be delivered.

He had never seen his employer, but had heard of him. Rumors of the man's immense wealth and power were in plenty. Even when he approached the office regarding the application for the post of secretary, it was Mr Stone who had interviewed him. On asking what the man in the main office was like, Mr Stone merely tensed and said," He's a man with unusual habits" and warned him not to disturb the man unnecessarily.

Unusual indeed.

The man was rarely seen out of the office. Often Roy Evans, the secretary had heard faint conversations. People entered his office many times, especially a  bearded giant with a turban who was frequently called into the office. What was his name, Roy pondered, Khan? No it was Karim. The giant terrified him. Wielding a sabre, the man seemed to be very protective of his employer or Sahib as he called him. On the first day of office, Roy happened to meet Karim. He smiled and extended a hand. He was shocked to hear the giant growl and push him aside. After that Roy simply hid whenever the Mohammaden passed by.

As for his employer he had conversed with him only through the pneumatic tube system. Messages had to be brief and concise and he wasn't to waste precious ink on unnecessary words. He wasn't given the key to the safe that appeared to contain many important files. 

Roy was extremely curious. Who was this man? This silent, mysterious and powerful man who was an absolute enigma. He couldn't help but want to know more.

Shaking his head, he decided to clear his desk. Dusting and sorting a few files here and there, he then opened the drawers. The first one happened to contain all the essentials: pen, ink, papers for the pneumatic tube. The second one however was interesting.

Wrappers lay aplenty, a bit of dried orange peel were in the drawer. My goodness, thought Roy, the previous secretary must have been  very fond of chocolate. On further investigation, he found a small bar of chocolate.

Well I guess I will eat it then. Finders keepers.

As he was about to take a bite, the door to the main office opened and a man appeared in the doorway.

Roy could only stare at the man in shock. Having never seen the mysterious man,all Roy could do was gape like a fish.

The man was tall and lean dressed in a simple black tailcoat and trousers. His attire didn't scream wealth but there was something about this man that made Roy realize he was standing in front of one of the most powerful and richest men in United Kingdom. At first Roy was reminded of a Greek marble statue. Cold and rigid. The man had sea colored eyes that were now scrutinizing Roy. Cold eyes that seemed to have Roy frozen to the spot.