Bijuu

Recappy From the Last Chappy: Triton watched her to make certain she left and turned his attention back to the group. He addressed Hikari first, and then Sora. "Regardless of her appearance, outsiders are not welcome here. As a Keybearer, you may already know. . . . One must not meddle in the affairs of other worlds."

"Of course I know that," Sora began, "but. . . ."

"You have violated this principle. The Keybearer shatters peace and brings ruin."

"Aw, Sora's not like that," Goofy injected with a stupid grin.

"I thank you for saving my daughter," the sea king responded as he turned around. "But, there is no room in my ocean for you or your key." He swam away.

Sora stared hard at the Keyblade and Hikari looked down at her open hands, which she closed. She also shut her eyes and trembled.

Chapter Thirty-seven: Bijuu

Triton's palace appeared to be barren of sea life and Heartless. Not even the sea king was present, but his trident was suspended behind his throne, unprotected.

Isaribi lingered at the entrance and scanned the area, confirming that she was alone. Her expression was a mixture of caution and apprehension. She swam a few feet forward and looked back over her shoulder. Ursula emerged from the darkness, wearing a shadowy smile.

[{XX}]

Similar to Ariel's grotto, the Undersea Garden was practically enclosed; however, the area was considerably wider, and there was a lot more sunlight breaking through the ocean's exterior. Underwater plant life thrived, growing in the shelves and on the head of a rock shaped like a chaise lounge.

Ariel sobbed on the arm of that rock, her tears becoming lost in the sea. She was kneeling, and buried her face into her crossed arms. Hikari, Sora, and the rest of the gang found her in this state when Flounder led them to the garden.

"I'm so sorry, Ariel," Sora said. "We all are." His eyes expressed genuine pity, as did most everyone else's.

Hikari hung back in the entrance silently. She was still as the others nodded in agreement; she was contained in herself, recounting what had occurred with Triton and Isaribi.

I'm-shocked. It always angered me to see those eyes, but when they were directed at me, I'd lose my nerve. I never blew up to the villagers' faces like that. . . .

It just all feels so wrong-what Triton did, and what he said. I can't stand that look, all of that fear and hate. I get that he's afraid. . . . The villagers were afraid of me and Naruto. She hugged herself and drifted toward the wall so she could lean her back against it. It makes me feel cold . . . not just being on the receiving end, but also seeing someone look that way at someone else who doesn't deserve it.

Isaribi . . . she's just like my brother. Except her problem is her looks. People who didn't know about the Fox didn't bother Naruto, but she has a point . . . a lot of people won't look passed her appearance.

Ariel was rubbing her eyes, positively responding to efforts to cheer her up. "Thanks, everyone, but it's not your fault. Like I said before, my father just doesn't understand. Anyway, I'm really sad that now we won't be able to see what that crystal does, or if it does anything at all!"

Red XIII chimed in. "On a higher note, we have a theory on where one might find this world's Keyhole."

The little mermaid brightened. "You do?"

"Yes. We believe it may be in King Triton's palace."

She winced, seeming uncertain. "The palace? There isn't anything special there, though. . . ."