Green With Envy

Recappy From the Last Chappy: Leon's eyes widened and he sprinted across the roofs to come to her aide. Images of the night nine years ago, of losing Calantha rushed through his mind.

Her terrorized, tear-filled eyes.

He dived to lie flatly on the roof and extended his arm over the edge.

The darkness as it enveloped her figure.

His hand closed around her wrist, and stopped her descent.

"SQUALL!"

Hikari's head rolled back and she squinted through hardly parted lids with her grey eyes; she fainted, and they closed.

A crash of thunder overhead.

". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

Chapter Twenty-two: Green With Envy

Her palms were damp. As I grabbed her arm, I could feel the sweat as her hand brushed me. Maybe it was physical exertion. Maybe it was anxiety. Maybe it was linked to whatever kept her deluded. All I know is if I had tried grabbing her hand, she might've slipped through my fingers.

Like Calantha.

I felt a little relieved. I know saving Hikari didn't make up for what happened to Calantha, and the parallels between these instances were weak, but I couldn't help that my shoulders lightened a little. I think about Calantha every day, and I didn't need a memory to join hers, no matter how insignificant the similarities were-

Stop it. Don't think so much. "What if" thoughts aren't thoughts I should have.

What if the next time Sora brings someone here, it's her? This hope is something I shouldn't have and don't want. What would I do if I saw her again? What would she do?

It doesn't matter. Stop thinking about it. She's gone.

". . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

I wouldn't want to hurt like that anymore. I don't want to feel that loss again. I'd be determined not to lose her again. And if I don't have her, I can't lose her.

I wish I didn't have to think so much. I just end up more confused.

I won't rest. Not until the worlds are restored. For her sake, and the sake of everyone else. With the Keyblade on our side, maybe this can finally be realized.

". . . . . . . . . . . . ."

[{X♥X}]

There was another facility created in Traverse Town since the last time the group was there. A small, one-roomed house in Third District had been furnished into a sort-of headquarters for efforts versus the Heartless. Because the infirmary housed a few new refugees temporarily, Hikari had been brought to this place.

A bed-on which she lied-was in the corner and set parallel to the door. A round table, close to the floor, was closer to the center, but still somewhat in that corner. Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Hinata were at that table playing cards.

Leon leaned by a wardrobe fashioned from dark wood against a wall, one of four which was decorated with blue wallpaper. Aerith, Yuffie, and Sakura stood around, talking about current events.

"Gin!" Goofy exclaimed with a broad grin as he laid his cards down facing up.

The other three players stared at him and awkwardly blinked. With an amused smile, Hinata began, "Um, Goofy, we aren't playing that game-"