·30 Awaited Chapter

Start from the beginning

My heart jumped a beat. Rihanna strolled the stage as people clapped,cheered her name stomped on the floor making my body vibrate and kisses being blown to her.

I couldn't believe it. My favorite singer is on stage right now less than five minutes away from me, breathing the same air as me and same as room me. Somebody needs to pinch me right now or I might just cry happy tears in front of everyone.

She holds onto her yellow gown as she gently grab the microphone from Andrie. They kissed each other in the cheeks. He then tips his head before sitting down watching his friend sing.

"I would like to thank Andrie for inviting me to join this ballroom dance. It is a huge honour to come here and sing for ya'll. The song i'll be singing for ya'll is "Love on the Brain."

Applauds.

"Now, I want you to find your partner and dance as I sing. Can you do that?" she yells.

"Yeah!" everyone shouted in unison and just like that everyone got ready.

The band starts instrumenting her music.

"And you got me like, oh
What you want from me." she sung.

I sighed again leaning om the chair watching everyone dancing.

Suddenly, a hand was in front of my face. I look up confused and was shocked to see that it was James.

He cleaned himself very well. His black hair was slicked back. His black tuxedo looked made him appear mature.His chocolate brown eyes glistened as it looked at me.His lips pecked a smile.

"May I have this dance?" he asks.

I nod my head slowly surprised that James asked me out of everyone in the whole ball.
I slowly got up from the chair and rested my hands onto his and he lead me to the center of the room.

"Why were you sitting there by yourself? He questions.

"You noticed me?" I asked embarrased.

He chuckles. "There's nothing to be embarrased of. But,to answer your questions yes. You stood out like a fish in a cage of sharks."

"Great." I reply with sarcasm.

He laughs which melted my heart. When we make it to the center of the dance floor he spins me once before putting one of his hand on my waist and other on my right hand. He gestures me to put my left hand on his left shoulder.

We slowly moved our body left then right in repeat. He stared at me.

"What?" I ask ask self conscious.

He smiles. "Because. You look beautiful Malia. I mean you look beautiful all the time but, you look five times beautiful-er if you know what I mean."

I laugh by his wise choice of words. "Well thank you. You don't look bad yourself Mr. James."

"Thanks Ms.Malia." he grins.

"Oh baby i'm fist fighting with fire
Just to get close with you.
Can we burn something babe?"

We stood there staring at eachother in the eyes as Riri sung. My heart is tingly and my legs are weak. Why me? Although he isn't as handsome as Asshole he's still cute enough to not be dancing with me.

"Can I ask you a question,Malia?"

I shake my head yes.

"When we head back to Iowa and everyone is settled down with packing and we adjust back of being an Iowa slash Nebraska citizens, will you like to hang out with me?