Chapter 19: Careless Feelings

Start from the beginning

This something I have for you, it'll never change.

Yeah, my age ain't nothing but a number...

This girl has lost her mind. Now she's singing a song about this guy. Saying that her age ain't nothing but a number when she know Sasha would have a fit when she finds out she's been dating a twenty year old. That shit ain't gone be pretty.

Here I am, and there you are.

Your eyes are calling me to you heart.

All you gotta do is knock, and I'll let you in.

And we will feel the passion that flows within.

I don't mean to be bold, but I gotta let you know.

I got a thing for you, and I can't let go...

A smile stretched across her face as she finished the last line. Nikki started clapping." Aw, little Aj is in love!"

"I am not!"

"Oh do not deny it, girl! We see right through you."

She shook her head as her smile became so wide her gums were showing. She let her head fall into her notebook.

"What did you guys do the other night?" Jojo asked as she sat her guitar aside. " Because you have some kind of....glow going on."

As soon as she said that, I saw exactly what she was talking about. Her hazel brown eyes didn't seem as dead as they usually did. That actually held a smile in them. Her smile was huge showing off all her teeth. Her skin seemed to shine a bit in the dining light. I remember when we saw here Tuesday. Michael had dropped here off and she was wearing his sweater and a pair if leggings she had pulled off because they had began to irritate her. With that in mind I put it all together, "You've been fucking!" I asked as a smile spread across my face.

Hers faded into disgust. " No I haven't. " She said.

"Yes, you have. I can see it in your face. "

"Not everybody is like you, Leena."

I shook my head. "Yeah, but you have a little bit of me somewhere in you, and its obviously coming out now."

"No I don't, I don't go around sleeping with men I barely even know. "

"But you are a sixteen year old sleeping with her twenty year old boyfriend. "

"That's different,"

"See," I pointed to her. "you just admitted that you did fuck him."

"It's not really any of your concern." She said, using her favorite line in an argument. " And besides he's only four years older than me."

I rolled my eyes. " Yes, and by the time you get eighteen he will be twenty two. He'll definitely be grown then. "