My First Battle

"Hello my name is Kieran, I want to become a Pokemon master just like Ash Ketchum."

It was the next day, I was woken up by Jordy's Spearow, who was making a noise in my room.

“Oh sorry Kieran, Spearow that wasn't nice. You woke Kieran up.” Said Jordy.

'Spearow'

The Spearow came over to me, it seemed to be apologizing but I ensured it that everything was okay. There was no harm done, mind you it was 10:30, and we should have left an hour ago to go to the first gym, Pewter city gym, where Brock is the leader, who I know from his journey with Ash.

I went into the bathroom, had a quick shower and brushed my teeth. I went back into my bedroom to change.

5 minutes later....

Everyone was ready to go, Jordy's Spearow was still out of it's pokeball.

“Don't you think you should put Spearow back into it's pokeball?” Jack asked.

“Yeah your right ..... Spearow return.” Said Jordy. (Spearow returned to it's pokeball).

Everyone left the hotel, giving the keys back to the manager.

We continued our journey through route one. Looking at all the Pidgey's and Spearow's.

“Hey I have an idea, why don't we battle each other? This way we can see who gets to go first to challenge Brock for the gym badge.” Asked Jack.

“Hmm... Your right Jack, what a perfect idea.” I said.

“The way to decide who battles who, pick a straw. Who ever has the two longest one battles each other and who ever has the two shortest one battles each other.” Said Jordy.

I pick a straw first, it was a long one. I was followed by Lois, she got a short one. Jack picked his one, he got a short one meaning I was facing Jordy while Jack and Lois face off.

Me and Jordy let Lois and Jack face off first.

Jordy was the referee for the match.

“This will be one on one battle the first Pokemon to be left standing is declared the winner.... Good luck both of you. Lets the battle begin.” Said Jordy.

Jack sent out his Bulbasaur while Lois sent her Eevee out, looking at this battle it will be tough.
I looked on my pokedex for the love of both Pokemon :

Eevee moves:
Sand attack
Tackle
Helping hand
Growl

Bulbasaur:
Tackle
Growl

,While the battle was going on I was thinking about a strategy I will use to try to win this battle against Jordy.

She has two Pokemons to battle; her Squirtle and her Spearow. If I use Charmander against Squirtle I will be at a disadvantage because of type, so I will have to use my Pidgey. I hope that would work.

I look up, the battle was getting more interesting. Jack was attacking,

“Bulbasaur use tackle.” He Demanded.