Chapter Twenty-three.

Start from the beginning

To say that Sana was tired would've been the biggest understatement of the century, for was she was aching all over. With her muscles sore, she yearned for the softness of the suite bed, wanting nothing more than diving into the fluffy blankets and feeling nothing but warm, maybe hoping to chase away the coldness seeping into her chest and heart.

She adjusted the strap of her purse, pressing her floor button before closing her eyes for a moment, pressing her head against the glass of the elevator.

She didn't have a hunch that visiting exhibitions of such sorts could be so tiring.

As soon as the door opened with a small ding, she sighed, dragging her feet out, humming contentedly at the warm atmosphere.

She didn't get a chance to live that peacefully because as soon as she turned around, she came to a stuttering halt, heartbeat pacing faster than before.

Jimin stood in front of her, wearing a cozy, pastel brown sweater, and she almost envied him for the warm clothing. His black locks were fluffy, not styled with much finesse but he still managed to look irresistibly handsome– she couldn't deny that.

Standing there without saying a word, she only stared at him, corners of her mouth pulling downwards at the reminiscence of the past two, horrible days after the wonderful kiss.

'The irony.'

Crossing her arms over her chest, she opened her mouth to say something, anything, but before she could do as much as that, Jimin raised a hand in the air, stopping her.

Sana raised her eyebrows questioningly.

"I...can you– can you come with me? Just for a moment?" He asked.

Sana was surprised at him stumbling upon his words, for once not seeing that man she was so used to seeing, the one who was always composed, always confident, never as painfully awkward as that.

She took good two minutes to reply, sighing slowly as she finally nodded, muttering a small 'alright' before following him as he smiled, leading her to his room.

Opening up the door, he let her in first, smiling sheepishly before closing the door. Sana turned around to face him, to ask him why, but he was soon grabbing ahold of her hand, lacing their fingers much similar to that night, steering her away to the balcony.

Sana was on the edge of breaking right there and then. Why was he playing with her feelings so much? Why was he confusing her to the point she couldn't even properly decipher her own desires and feelings. Why was he–

'Oh.'

The whole of her mind and jumbled mess of thoughts came to a sudden halt when she took in the place, the setting laid out for her, only her to see.

Rose petals were scattered, everywhere. Her eyes couldn't even catch a single glimpse of the usually pristine white tiled floor, petals covering the whole entirety of the ground. Scented candles were placed carefully along the sides of a seemingly pathway, at the entrance of which she stood.

Jimin cleared his throat somewhere at the back, and her shellshocked mind took a while to break out of the reverie, turning around to face him so quickly that the muscles of her neck protested in pain.