Chapter 22

Chapter 22

As we walked down the hallway towards Cena's office, the door opened before I could reach it.  A tall woman went out from the room and I stood there stunned staring at her.

"Well, well. It's really nice seeing you here, Eunice." A smile curved on her red lips. It's Margaux. Of all people I could run into today, I just don't expect to see her.

"Hi." I answered her. I don't like this woman. The last time we talked to each other, I really wanted to cut her tongue. And now she'm is acting like we are some kind of BFFs. What an actress she is!

"I assumed that the wedding is on. Guess I need to give Vince a wedding gift. Any suggestions?" She asked me sarcastically. I was really wondering how did she know about our wedding. Did she meet up with Vince? Why would Vince told this woman about it? Questions running on my mind.

The news about our wedding wasn't out yet. Joe has been very careful on telling it to the press. Even if Vince insisted that the news should be out sooner after I accepted his offer, I begged him to just let it out a day before the actual date. I can't stand the thought of my private life being the topic of everyone's table before it even turned into a fairy tale.  Specially about my son's life.  I am not sure how Von will take it. I have hidden him for five years and I can't just let those people mess my son's life with all their twisted story.

"Uhm, excuse us but we need to talk to Cena." I coldly told her.  Margaux just slowly move sideways and say something as I opened the door.

"You know what? I really pity you, Eunice. Vince surely laid his plan perfectly. Anyways, congratulations on your wedding." She bitchily said before turning around and walked out of the boutique. I don't know what to think. She does know something, didn't she? What kind of plan is she talking about? I suddenly felt tired and numb. Beth held my arm and steadied me.

"Hey, are you okay? I really hate that woman! How did she know about Vince?" I just looked at Beth and tried my hardest to control my tears from falling. I remembered that she adores that woman, but thankfully she hated her now. I don't want to talk about Margaux as of the moment.

"Let's just forget about her, Beth." I opened the door and found Cena busy talking to someone over the phone. I was hoping that she haven't heard anything behind her closed door. 

She raised her hand and motioned us to sit down on the chairs in front of her table. I looked anywhere but Beth. I know she is thinking about Margaux and I am still not ready to talk about it. I am not sure if I can take a hold of myself if I start telling it to my friends.

...

"Eunice! Please! Give me some emotion.  We've been doing this for almost an hour and you haven't perfected any of these photos." Greg shouted at me for the nth time. He held his camera out to me and raised his hands in frustration. I lowered my head and said sorry to him.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked, a hint of concern in his voice. He is one of my favorite photographers. But I think right now I am not one of his favorite subject. 

"I'm sorry. I...I was just a little out of myself today. Let's just start it again, okay?" I asked him. He nodded and then signaled his men to do the shoot all over again. He went back to his place and told me to pose again. I breathed out and pulled myself together. If I wanted this to finish soon, I need to get hold of myself and pushed those thoughts away at the back of my mind.

After an hour, Greg finally got his desired photos and declared that we're done. Me and Beth left the place and started to drive towards my condo. It is nearly midnight and we can't afford to have a long ride to the rest house. I was about to call my mom to tell her that we can't go home right now and check on Von when I noticed ten missed calls on my phone. And it's from Vince. My heart aches at the thought of him. The happenings of today rushed back from the corners of my mind. What's exactly his plan?

"What's wrong?" Beth asked me while I was busy looking at my phone. 

I'm still thinking if I should call Vince. I wonder why he called earlier but I also have this feeling that I do not want to see him right now after what I heard from Margaux. Beth waved at me when I didn't answer her. We are now riding the elevator to my condo. 

"It's nothing, Beth." I told her.

"If it's about that actress we met earlier you're thinking, stop it.  She's not a real threat. Believe me, Eunice." I looked at her questioningly.

"What do you mean?"

"From what I have seen from her and the way she talked to you, she's just jealous. Why the hell did Vince has a connection with that woman?" She frowned.  Whoa! Now we're back to that question again! I silently groaned and leaned back on the elevator wall. I know that Beth won't let this night end without knowing about Margaux. Iam now beginning to wonder why I learned to love this woman after all these years of being an instant paparazzi instead of just firing her. I chuckled at the thought. I can't even imagine my life without her though. She is stubbornly cute and annoying at the same time but she is also my ally and friend. In fact, she's already family to me. My big sis.

"Let's talk about it over a bottle of wine." I smiled at her. Guess it's better to share what I am feeling right now to her knowing that she will be always on my side.

"Good idea! It's a deal then!" She said and smiled back at me.  Satisfied that she's finally getting the whole story.

We went out of the elevator and walked towards my unit. I was about to open the door when a loud squeal from the inside startled us and the door opened up to my surprise.