Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I slowly walked into the living room practically dragging my feet and dropped my purse on the couch. Vince followed and went directly to my wine bar at the corner.

“I hope you don’t mind.” He asked me raising a bottle of wine. I shook my head. I can feel his controlled anger radiating from him.

“Do you want some?” I nodded thinking that I definitely need a little of it in my nerves right now to ease myself. I sat down and watched him as he expertly mixed those liquids and prepared our drinks.

“So, am I the only one who will do the talking here?” He said as he walked towards me and gave me my drink. I took a sip, tasting the bitter mixture and felt the hot liquid slowly creeping inside me.

“Talk, Eunice.  I’m waiting.” He said again.  He remained standing and towering over me. 

You have to talk to him, Eunice.  That is why you’re here right now.

“I-I’m sorry.” I said in a small voice.

“I don’t want to hear your sorry.  It’s not what I want, Eunice.”

“It’s what I wanted to say, Vince.  I am really sorry.”

“I don’t know if I have to believe you again, Eunice.  You always told me that you’re sorry but apparently you’re not.” He said angrily.

“I am just confused, Vince.  I just need time to think.”

“To think of what? On how to escape from me?” He said maybe mockingly.

“To think of us! You just offered me marriage.  How can you expect me to accept it easily? Can’t you give me time to think about it?” He shook his head and said.

“You already lost that chance, Eunice.  I was willing to wait for your answer at the hotel but you left me.  I can’t give it to you again.  Especially now that I already know about my son.”

I was shocked.  I just stared at him trying to rewind what he just said.  Maybe I just misheard it.  He can’t possibly know about Von.  Joe made sure about it.

“You really don’t think that I would find the truth, don’t you?” He asked me furiously.  I’m starting to panic now.

“I-I d-don’t know what you’re talking about, Vince.” I stood up and turned my back from him.  I walked towards the glass window that showed the busy traffic below.  Trying not to falter as I walked.  This is driving me insane.

“Yeah, deny it all you want Eunice but I want my son!” I wanted to hide from him.  This is what I’ve been afraid of.  Vince taking Von away from me.  I returned my gaze at him.

“You can’t do that, Vince! He is my son!”

“Try me, Eunice.” He said calmly and simply walked back towards the wine bar.  He is unbelievable!  He can not do this to Von and me.

“Vince, please.  Von is all I have.  He is my life!” I said to him, pleading.

“He is my son too and you hid him from me.  You didn’t even bother to let me know about him.” He said bitterly.  I can see the pain and sadness in his eyes.

“I didn’t mean to hide him from you.  It’s just that I—“ He cut me off.

“No, Eunice.  You just wanted him for yourself.  Because you left me then without a word.”

“But, I didn’t know—“ And then he cut me off again.

“I don’t want to hear anything that you’re going to say now.  Stop telling me lies.” He raised his hand when I opened my mouth to answer him.

“I want you to listen to me, Eunice and listen very carefully.  I’m going to get my son from you.  And if you are going to get this matter to court, then it is fine with me. I will fight for my right with my son.  Besides, I am not the one here who has the most public life to protect.  You know it will ruin you, Eunice.  But I am offering you something, an easier way to make this matter right.  If you want to stay with your son, then marry me.  It is your choice, Eunice.”

After saying those words, he left me there dumbfounded with just what happened. The heated words that he said, his wounded look, his threat about taking Von from me. I can still feel his presence even when he is not around anymore.

What will happen next depends on the decision that I am going to make. I dreaded for this day to come. Vince knowing about Von's existence. Deep inside, a part of me is relieved that this secret is already known by Vince. It just didn't happen in a nice kind of way but at least now, that feeling of guilt that is being kept inside my heart was released. It is only now a matter of time for my son to know and finally meet his father. His father that I intentionally hide from him. He could have known him sooner but I did not do it. I am afraid that Vince might resent me for leaving him and it actually happened right now. He doesn't even want to listen to me earlier. And that thought really hurts me. I haven't expected having Von back then when I left him.

What should I do?

Vince won't let this go easily and I am pretty sure he will do everything to get his son from me. I should think wisely this time, specially that my son's future is on the line. It's not like I don't want Vince to know my son but it's myself that I'm afraid of. I'm afraid that he would know my true feelings for him back then and also now. I guess five years is not enough for me to forget my first love. And things now is more complicated than before. I let him think that Ian is my boyfriend in Hawaii and he is also involved with Margaux. That woman would surely do anything to get Vince and I am still not ready to face another heartache again because if him.

My One & Onlyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें