Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Oh my gosh! I almost fainted when I heard his voice. 

I looked at Vince then to Ian, my eyes are telling him not to let Vince get this chance. But unfortunately, Margaux is already on Ian's side and grabbing his arm.

“Let’s go, Ian.  Changing partners is a must on this party.” Margaux smiled at him. I noticed her eyeing Ian earlier. I am now wondering what’s the real score between her and Vince.

“Okay, fine.  Just take care of my babe, will you Vince?” Ian said to Vince. I tried to look at Ian again but Margaux has dragged him away from us.

“Yes, dude.  Don’t worry, I’ll surely take good care of her.” Vince is standing next to me now and I can sense from his voice that this is not going to be a simple dance.  He held my hand and I can feel the heat flowing from his hand to my inner soul.  I’m starting to feel the effect of the alcohol I downed several times tonight.  I don’t know if I can stay stable on this state, specially now that Vince is holding me. 

I think I’m going to melt right on his feet, somebody help me please. 

My heart has been frantically beating with the nearness of him.  I can smell his familiar scent, my favorite scent.  How many times did I try to forget this man?  But still, being near him brings back all the memories I have kept inside my heart and locked for so many years.  And tonight, this man has unlocked it once again.

“Aren't you cold?” Vince asked me gently.

“N-no.” I’m stammering now.  I can feel his warmth and suddenly I really wanted to hug this man. 

Oh, Vince.  Why do you have to be so gentle with me?  I only caused you pain before.  I don’t deserve to be treated this way

He gently put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.  I raised my hands and hesitantly put my arms around his neck.  He’s staring at me now, and my heart definitely stops for a couple of seconds.  I heard him chuckled, and he even smiled at me.

The pianist started to play one of my favorite songs, Arithmetic.  A young woman is singing beside the piano.  How I wanted to sing that song to Vince before.  And hearing it now made me recall how foolish I am for leaving him.  Von’s life would have been different; we could have been a family.  I guess it’s too late now.  I closed my eyes and listened to the song.

I've been staring at the sky tonight

Marveling and passing time

Wondering what to do with daylight

Until I can make you mine

You are the one I want, you are the one I want

I've been thinking of changing my mind

It never stays the same for long

But of all the things I know for sure

You're the only certain one

You are the one I want, you are the one I want

“If I only knew earlier that this is going to be the easy way to talk to you, I should have done it sooner.” Now he’s talking. 

“We don’t have anything to talk about Vince.” I said to him avoiding his gaze.

“No, of course not.  I have a lot of questions in my mind, you know.” He said, forcing me to face him.  Can’t he just forget it?  I know I’ve done something I shouldn’t have and I’m definitely sorry for it.  I am regretting it now.  I can’t even look at him straight in the eyes.