Chapter 28 or Paralouge 2. The Few's mission

Jess POV

"So just a mission right?"

"Yup. Simple. All we gotta do is beat this guy."

"I can do that."

"We all can Steven. Gawd."

"Gawkin."

"UNO DOS TRES QUATRO DEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDE!!"

We all laughed as we partied with Sly before our first mission in AGES. Leafea was back, and we had our first job. It was to take out an evil governor in Scaleswind city, and Leafea, Steven and I were the only ones who knew how modern day society worked. I mean, I guess Katz would know, but he really hasn't been around much to say anything, so I'm sticking with what I said.

"Well, if I may intrude, THE TRAIN FOR SCALESWIND CITY LEAVES IN 10 MINUTES!"

Leafea yelled, shocking us all, and we quickly grabbed our suits and boarded the train headed for Scaleswind city. Now, the train ride wasn't very interesting, unless you count Steven poking Sly for a good hour until he notices interesting, then the ride wasn't really worth writing about.

Scaleswind city. I will admit, I'd never been there. It's a pretty higher up city, heck, it's school district rivaled even Phoenix Drop High back in it's prime, but since PDH is kinda, well, you know, gone. The schools' been going unopposed other than Okhasis prep. City wise, it's mostly metropolitan. Almost too much so for my tastes, but hey, if you wanna kill a giant business, you should look in the business city first. Common sense.

Once off the train, we immediately found our target. Of course it was the largest building in the city, so he was easy to spot.

Check 1. Found target.

Next step was getting to him, which was going to be the hard part. Luckily, apparently Leafea had a plan, because she took us all off of the train to a reserved area when we landed in Scaleswind city.

"There's a speech going to be going on in three days by the governor. If we can lay low before then, we've got him."

She said, flipping through files on her phone. Steven punched his hand into his fist.

"Then this mission's gonna be easy!"

3 Hours later...

"OK, this is taking forever."

Sly said, placing his face on his hand while we were sitting in our hotel room. Katz had flopped on the bed and was booting up his laptop.

"Yo, anybody know what the Wifi password is?"

He asked. Jose facepalmed.

"I don't know. Ask Steven."

He said. Steven picked his head up from behind one of the beds.

"Hey don't ask me!"

He said. We all laughed. Even Leafea cracked a smile, which was pretty rare since she came back.

"So how was life in Dong Dank?"

I asked her. Leafea nodded.

"Good. Nisovin's forgiven me for running of, and understands because Willakers is a jerk. So now, I just help him with building and he gets more information on my earth magic."

She said.

"So life's good for you?"

I asked. She nodded.

"Yup."

I barely dodged a pillow being thrown at my face, courtesy of Castor.

"What the heck man?"

I yelled. Castor smirked, and threw another one at me, which I caught and threw back. Needless to say, we had a pillow fight for a good 20 minutes. Pretty soon, somebody knocked on our door. We quickly hid all evidence of a fight, and Sly opened the door.

"Hello-"

"Greetings. We wish to speak with all of you."

These two business men said, and walked in with another business man behind him, cutting Sly off, like a jerk.

"OK... then..."

Sly said, as we all backed up and let them enter. I saw Leafea whisper something to Steven, which resulted in Steven's face darkening. The first businessmen spoke.

"Greetings. We are the governor's private guard. We know why you are here, and cannot allow that to happen."

They said, brandishing their guns, and aiming them. The first guy, the one who spoke, aimed it on me, the second guy aimed on Sly, and the third one on Jose.

"Surrender. Or we shoot."

The second guy said, itching the trigger. Steven elbowed Leafea, and whispered something to her quickly. She nodded, and closed her eyes. Don't know what it did, but I hoped it did something. 

The first businessmen glared at me. 

"FIRE!"

He yelled, and all three fired their guns, but nothing came out. Leafea smirked. Ohh. I see what Steven asked her to do. She clogged the guns by making the bullets bigger. Clever girl!

The third businessman looked freaked out of his mind.

"Change of plans. RUN AWAY!"

He yelled, followed by the other men, however... Sly wasn't going to let them off so easily. He quickly moved over to the door, slamming it shut. Castor and Jose had arrows knocked, and Katz just fired an array of bullets. Pretty soon, we had three dead guys in our hotel room, which we just burned courtesy of Sly's new enhancement on his suit.

"So... what now?"

Alex asked, shoving the now frozen blood out of the window. I shrugged.

"Ice cream? More killing? I don't know."

I said, getting a small granola bar out of my bag I brought with me, and eating it. What? I was hungry! Sly sighed.

"Screw the plan. Lets just do this the old fashion way."

A few moments later...

"So what's your plan to getting past those guys?"

Steven asked me. I smirked. We had just busted into the tower the governor was in, and was going to kill him. Normally.

"Live bait."

I said. Steven grinned, then frowned.

"Good idea!.... Wait a minute."

He said, poking me. I frowned.

"Come on Steven, this is our only chance!"

I whispered quickly. Steven panicked.

"What am I supposed to do, dress in drag and do the hula?"

Another moment later...

"HULA!"

Yes. I had forced Steven into a hula skirt, and Sly into the fetal position. I think I'm quite clever. (You all know the rest of the song already.)

Well, leave it to Steven to distract them for us.

I heard Kala say through the communicator.

Well I mean, he's good at it.

I heard Alex respond. A quick scream upstairs told me that Jose and Castor had finished the mission. Yay. 

Can we get donuts now? The missions over.

I heard Katz ask. I laughed.

"In a bit. First I got to go save Sly and Steven. Be right back!"