Chapter 18. Leafea tells us where she lived

2 days later

Jess POV

We had been walking for 2 days straight until Steven gave us a very nice announcement.

"Alright. Tomorrow we should make it to the gates of Dong Dank. So we're gonna rest tonight here, and travel tomorrow."

He said. Leafea and I sighed in relief, and plopped on the soft grass. I grabbed Mjölnir and used it's lightning to start a fire on some wood that Steven found. Luckily, we were in the middle of nowhere, so I wasn't worried about being found by authorities or nosy neighbors. I turned to Steven.

"So how are we gonna find Gnome magic? And better yet, how are we gonna get in hiding the fact that we're superheroes?"

I asked. Steven grabbed a notebook out of his backpack.

"We'll go in wearing causal clothing by entering via the portal system that their using. Finding Gnome magic... Leafea, wanna tell us that one?"

He asked. Leafea shot up.

"Oh... right. Ok, the best way to say this would be to tell about Dong Dank, better known as... My old home."

She said. I leaned in.

"Story time?"

Leafea smiled shyly.

"Sure. Anyway, Dong Dank is split up into several districts. Naming them all would be torture, so I'll just run by the important ones. There's the Dwarven district, run by Lord Willakers, better known as Old Man Willakers. He's a dwarf himself, so he's pretty tiny, but he's really strong. He had a knight, known as Pyro, who started a rebellion and wanted to help the peasants of the kingdom grow and not have the lords rule over them. Pyro is kinda the person in charge of the Slum district, or the poorest district. Then theirs Brickton, ruled by Lord Roamin, a paladin in training. He's really nothing to worry about. Then theirs where we need to go, and where I grew up. The Magic Quarter."

She said. Steven frowned.

"Whats in the Magic Quarter?"

He asked. Leafea sighed.

"It's ruled by Lord Nisovin, the gnome we need to find. He's a magic gnome. The Magic Quarter, and the Rest of Dong Dank, have magic banned, so that's gonna be an issue."

She said. I frowned.

"That's odd. Isn't there like, a massive overlord supposed to be there or something?"

I asked. Leafea pondered that.

"I'm pretty sure by the time I left, King Poose was still alive, and was getting a wife. That's all I remember. Steven, don't you and Willy have relations thanks to Sly?"

She asked, eager to change the subject. Steven nodded.

"Yeah. If theirs a Hero attack, Willy knows who to blame it on."

He said, smirking. Leafea sighed.

"Good. Anyway, lets get some sleep."

She said, passing out on the grass. Steven sighed.

"I got first watch then."

He said. That's all I heard him say until I fell asleep.