Chapter 5. Option 3

Aphmau POV INT

I slammed my hands onto the table.

"Hold it!"

I yelled.

"If supposedly Steven and Leafea DID kill Nyda, then since you probably have this scripted and already figured out, may I ask, what is the motive?"

I said, directly to Winston Payne. He looked panicked.

"I-It was obviously to cause a scene! They wanted to cause fear, like the terrorists they are!"

He belted out. I performed a slow clap on this.

"Wow. Woooooow. Already playing the terrorist card, are ya? I'm disappointed. What's next, their Superheroes?"

I said sarcastically.

Why do I feel like that's the truth? Are they superheroes? I... Feel like they are! I'll push on it later.

Winston looked defeated. I decided to keep going.

"And going on, do Steven and Leafea even have links to the victim? If they were the killers, they would need to know the target, wouldn't you say?"

I said, a smirk growing on my face. Winston looked at me.

"Well then, do you have evidence to prove this?"

Oh... Crap. I really don't... But what would work as evidence... Hmm.... Got it.

"I would like the court to see a piece of evidence I got at the Maid Cafe. As very few of you may know, the Maid Cafe keeps track of what the customers are doing... At all times while in the Cafe. The Defendants server, one Zane Ro'meave, had given me his report. The Defendants were nowhere near Nyda at all during their time in the Cafe, and while studying their conversation, nothing was labeled suspicious between the Defendants and the Victim."

I said, placing the audio file I got from Zane on the table. Winston paled.

"W-Wait just a second! How do you know that's valid evidence?!"

He belted out.

"B-Better yet! H-How do you know that its even them talking!"

He said. I smiled.

"Three steps ahead Mr. Payne. I already listened to the whole thing. The voices match."

I said.

Why do I not want them to listen to the file? I already listened, but... Why do I not want them to know?

Winston's piece of hair flew back on his head.

"You... Already listened to it!?"

He said. I could see Leafea and Steven sigh in relief. I pointed my finger at Mr. Payne.

"I say, this is evidence that definitely steers Leafea and Steven away from being the killer!"

I said. Mr. Payne was sweating like crazy.

"Wait just a second! N-None of the cameras or microphones were on! Then... Who was the actual killer! I think if it wasn't the Defendants, the guy on security knows something!"

He said.

He's calling out Dante to be the killer... But Dante had a reason for the security system to be off! How can I prove Dante didn't do it?

1. Call Dante as a witness?

2. Use Dante's testimony from when I confronted him?

3. Have him dress in drag and do the hula?