Even under the moonlight, his features were strikingly clear and vivid, hair shining unrealistically as his eyelashes casted shadows onto the apple of his cheeks, lips pressed together as he kept his eyes down on his hand.

'It's always the guy who exaggerates and expresses the beauty of his crush in books and movies. In this case, I feel like I should be the one doing that, this man is unreal for all I know,' Sana thought dimly.

Before he could think he had done something wrong, Sana extended her arm and slipped her hand into his, the warmth immediately seeping into her skin, making her shiver.

His eyes slowly met hers, and both smiled at each other, Jimin tightening his hold as he took the first step, Sana walking beside him.

Silence took over once again as soon as they fell into step again, and Sana tentatively wondered how mere silence and presence of someone so close could provide such a sense of comfort and security.

It was until her gaze fell onto the ground, eyes widening comically as she stopped abruptly, pulling Jimin back along with her.

"Wha–what? What happened? Are you okay?" Jimin asked as he turned around and saw her alarmed and pale face, as if she had seen a ghost.

"Sana?" He softly spoke again.

"Ji-Jimin..snake. It's a–snake, oh my God. A snake!" Sana flinched back again, pulling Jimin again before he could say anything. True enough, when he turned around to see where her eyes were strained to, he saw the reptile, curling upon itself. It wasn't too big, but was enough to cover the whole length of his arm.

Jimin took a cautious step forward and the snake unfolded, hissing out. Behind him, Sana squeaked and tightened her hold on his hand, the other hand coming up to curl around his arm.

"N-No don't go closer. It can harm you. Please," Sana spoke shakily, as if the snake would jump on them any moment. Jimin wasn't sure what her voice was laced with, but there was something about it that made him stop, turning around to face her.

"Such animals only attack when they fear a predator, mostly to defend themselves. We don't have anything to defend ourselves from it, and the path is way too narrow for us to go over the snake," he explained carefully.

"Then what do we do? Gosh, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. We never should've– eek it's moving!– never should've come here, I pressed on staying for a while more and–"

"Hey, shh," he shushed her, his free hand instantly coming up to palm her cheek, holding her gaze for a few moments before speaking. "It's no one's fault. Your's the least. Okay? We'll find a way out."

"But we–"

"No, I said it. It's no one's fault. Yeah?" He waited until she moved her head in a nod, nodding himself. Slowly removing his hand from her face, he turned around only to find nothing on the ground.

"Wait– what?" Sana said incredulously, eyes wide.

"It left itself. Wow– okay. Makes things easier for us. Let's get going before anything else comes in way."

If only things were easier.

It seemed as if nothing wanted them to reach the safety of Jimin's home, because not even five minutes later, thick, dark clouds covered up the face of the moon, preventing the moonlit road from being visible to their eyes.