#320 your song - Louis

L o u i s: ["How to save a life" by: The Fray]

The house was quiet, everyone else long since retired to bed, leaving everything in a blanket of peaceful serenity. You tiptoed down the stairs, the wooden floors chilly beneath your bare feet as you followed the soft lilt of piano music floating melodiously from the family room, in Louis' childhood home. Padding silently into the cozy room, you smiled, spotting Louis with his fingers poised expertly over the black and white piano keys. "Thought I might find you down here," you whispered, crossing to his side. Sliding seamlessly in beside him on the dark wooden bench, you laid your head on his shoulder. "Sorry, love. I didn't mean to wake you," he murmured, placing a kiss tenderly to your temple. Shaking your head, you let your fingers dance languidly over the keys. "Play me something," you murmured, smirking up at him through drooping lashes. Gazing at you with all the love in his sea blue eyes, he quickly repositioned his hands, fingers moving effortlessly, as he created a sweet melody for the two of you. Reveling in the simple beauty, your lips pulled into a satisfied grin as Louis gave you a knowing smile, playing the song you'd listened to so many years ago on your very first date.