CHAPTER 10 - Winter Break, yet again...

“American Airlines passengers. Flight number PRKR0113 bound for San Francisco, please board through gate G now. Thank you.” The P.A. system in the airport announced.

“Let’s go, babe.” He smiled.

“Yep.” I answered.

We walked up to the boarding gate and handed over our boarding passes.

“You’re too cute a couple.” The attendant smiled at us. “Enjoy your flight.”

“Believe me. We’re not. Hahaha.” I laughed.

“Not yet, at least.” He winked at the attendant.

“Scott!” I exclaimed.

“Just kidding. Hahaha. Thanks though. Have a nice day.”

“You too, ma’am and sir.”

I smacked him on the arm before we walked to the airplane. Scott just laughed at me. We got in and we were directed to our seats.

“Dibs on window seat!” He said, beating me to the punch.

“Fine.” I groaned.

We sat down on our seats, and waited for the other passengers to board. It was Winter break again, and it’s been a yearly tradition for the whole gang to retreat to Lake Tahoe for boarding, skiing and such. It just so happened that I visited Norfolk for a bit and ran into Scott. We decided we should go together. So, here we are.

“Please put on your seatbelts. We are about to take off.” The captain announced.

I fastened my seatbelt and stared out into space. From the corner of my eye, I think I saw Scott looking at me worriedly. I turned around to face him and see what’s wrong.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“How are you and Louis?” Scott answered.

“I… Uh… We’re good.”

“Really? I heard about the… Uh… Incident at Allie’s birthday. What happened, exactly?”

“I got drunk.”

“That’s it?”

“Well, you know what happens when I get drunk…”

“Oh… I see…”

“It’s a long story…”

“It’s a long flight.”

“Fine.”

-Flashback-

“And it goes like this! Take me by the tongue and I’ll know you.” The music boomed from all over the pub.

Louis inched closer, wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in. He leaned down and kissed me passionately. I was too buzzed and I was experiencing deja vù so I responded by kissing him back.

“Kiss me ‘til you’re drunk and I’ll show you all the moves like Jagger. I’ve got the moves like Jagger. I’ve got the mooooooves like Jagger.”

This time nobody pulled me away from Louis. It was just the two of us. Eventually, we pulled away for breath. Louis rested his forehead on mine and looked at me intently. His blue-gray eyes were sparkling, mesmerizing, and oddly familiar.

“I love you, Kate. I’ve waited almost six years to tell you that. I’ve watched you fall in love with someone else, and endured it, because I truly love you. Now that Grant’s out of the picture, will you love me too?” Louis whispered, our faces extremely close together, his lips brushing a bit over mine with every word he utters.