My voice was a bit shaky but he didn't comment on it. He didn't say anything. He just pressed his lips to my cheek, letting them linger there for a moment before picking me up and walking us back to his room. I clench his shirt tightly as he made his way up the stairs steadily, my hold on him probably suffocating. He laid me down before sliding under the sheets with me, pulling me into his chest as I curl myself into his hold. Inhaling his intoxicating scent deeply, I bring myself closer to him not wanting any space between us.

He doesn't say anything when my heart started beating loud enough for the both of us to hear, not when my first sob broke free, or when my body starts shaking as I clenched onto his shirt fabric tightly nor when I cried my heart out into his chest. He didn't say anything. He just held me close as I broke down in his arms.

"I love you." He whispers, pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

I don't reply. I couldn't. But I didn't need to, he knew I loved him too.

I'd keep loving him until I had no more of myself to give.

--------------------

Beckett's P.O.V

"It's time." I say reluctantly to Emitt.

We spent the morning with me holding Emitt which I didn't mind at all. I knew however scared I was at what results today's ceremony may hold, Emitt was much more scared. So I didn't get mad when he started to cry nor did I try to comfort him, nothing I could say to him today would calm him. 

He stopped crying after a while but we didn't move. We just stayed in that position neither of us saying a word, just enjoying the other's warmth. We only moved when the time of my ceremony was approaching and I needed to get ready, even though my parents wouldn't be there, they had eyes everywhere and I'd be dead if I looked anywhere below their standards.

We took a long shower together, kissing slowly as we memorized each other's lips and now the dreaded moment was here and Emitt looked on the verge of tears already though he was clearly trying very hard to keep a straight face.

"You want to walk over together?" I suggest carefully as I stood at my front door. I'd have to be there on time since they took these things seriously, obviously not nearly as important as Aiden's and Julian's. Mine wouldn't contain my whole pack, just friends, Uncle Jack and all the eligible girls who's parents along with them were praying for me to be their mate. It wasn't me being cocky, the same thing would happen to Emitt since we were Betas.

"I'll come in a bit." He whispers, his voice barely audible as he twirled his foot behind him while rubbing his arm behind his back. He was nervous and it was making me nervous too. "I just need a minute."

"Okay." I say taking one last look over of him, I turn to open the door but he stops me as he pulls me into his arms, smashing his lips into my own. He kisses me passionately, the love evident as he lead the kiss in every possible manner before pulling back and resting his head against my own.

"I love you Beckett." He whispers, his lips brushing mine as we panted slightly. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Emitt." I reply as he slowly settles back down, retracting his arms from around my neck. I withdraw reluctantly, giving him a weak smile before leaving the house. 

I walk away from the house forcing myself not to turn around, he'd be in the hall too so there was no need to. I make my way to the hall with a thumping heart, I hadn't thought much about the possibility of Emitt not being my mate since I was certain he would be.

But what if he wasn't?

Tobias howls in discomfort forcing me to push away the oncoming thoughts about anyone else, there was no one else on this planet that fit me like Emitt did. He understood me, he made me smile when I was sad and filled my lonely heart without even trying. There's no way he's not my mate.