So it Begins

"Open the door!" R demanded, pounding on A's bedroom door, the knocking getting louder and louder.

A shook her head, sniffing and wiping away the tears that constantly fell. Her room was dark, and cold. She curled tighter into a ball, turning the volume up on her music, as an attempt to silence the banging. To silence the voices. To soothe her sad soul.

There was a click. Click. Click.

She felt sick, quickly sitting up and crawling into the closet. She hid behind her jackets and dresses, placing both hands over her mouth to quiet her breathing. Her heart was pounding in the dark. Dun dun, dun dun, dun dun.

The door suddenly swung open with such force and speed it broke a hole in the wall behind it. A jumped, sobbing into her hand, her vision blurred from her tears.

"I won't hurt you," he whispered, the door slowly creaking closed, followed by a click. He had locked the door. "I'm sorry," R whispered, his voice laced with lies. A small part of A wanted to leave the closet, to collapse into his arms. But, she stood where she was. Motionless, barely breathing.

"I'm sorry, baby, I love you." R whispered, the floor squeaking as he walked. "I'm so fucking sorry."

A placed her hands over her ears, shaking her head. No, no, no, she thought. Slowly, she slid to the floor, her back against the cool wall. No, no.

The closet door swung open, R standing in the way. His thick, and bushy eyebrows were knitted in anger, he reached down, yanking her out of the closet and threw her to the floor before him. She sobbed, attempting to scramble to her feet and run. But to no avail.

He grabbed her ankle, making her chin hit the floor with a hard thud. He then, dropped down beside her, pinning her arm behind her back. His knee dug in her spine. She cried out in pain.

"Shut up!" He shouted, bending her arm back more. "I haven't hurt you? Am I hurting you? Huh, A? Am I?"

Yes! Yes you're hurting me! You always hurt me, you always have. Her mind screamed but the words never escaped her lips. She shook her head, biting her lip to silence her cries. He hated when she cried.

"I thought so," he whispered, slowly letting her go. She released a shakey breath, weakly lifting herself on her hands and knees.

"Then why did you try to leave?" He whispered lowly, snatching her up by her hair. She screamed, slapping his hand.

"Ow! L-let me- ow!" She screamed, endless tears streaming her face. "I'm s-s-sorry." She stuttered, her bottom lip quivering uncontrolably.

"You'll never leave me?" He questioned, his voice unfamiliar. She opened her mouth, immediately shutting it. She didn't know how to answer. She loved R with every fiber of her being, but was putting up with this constant abuse worth it? Was constantly hiding bruises and faking a smile something she wanted to do forever?

He grabbed her collar, slapping her hard across the face. "Answer me!" He demanded, slapping her again, and again, and again. A large bruise forming on her cheek. He pushed her to the floor, watching emotionlessly as she cried her eyes out.

"A," he spoke lowly, "answer me."

"I'll ne-never leave y-you," she managed through choked sobs.

"Aww," he whispered, pulling her to her feet and kissed her lips. "I'm sorry," he whispered, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"Forgive me?" He whispered.

She hugged him back tightly, gripping the back of his shirt with her small fist. "Yes," she replied in a weak voice, "I always will."

He smiled, petting her hair. "I love you."

She shut her eyes, licking her dry lips, one last tear falling down her flushed cheek. "I love you, too."