Shooting Stars

IMPORTANT: please remember that I deleted three chapters so this chapter is right after keep moving. Go re-read that before reading this. Thank you for allowing me to delete my last two chapters. I owe you something . . . Here! Have some candy🍬🍭🍬🍭

*Annabeth*

Before the next memory came up, my mind worked twice as fast, trying to solve a case. However all I got as a result was a migraine (I've got a Migraine and my pain will range from up, down, sideways. I love twenty one piolts!!! Oh right, sorry). My head didn't wrap arou
nd the idea of Leo thinking about suicide at such an early age. Or that he just ran away from a caring woman. Everyone knew very well that he ran away from six foster homes. Leo joked about it stating, "They couldn't handle all of this hotness!"

It was as if he was avoiding the subject all together by using his annoying jokes to change it. Not only that, but Leo confessed he was going to leave Camp after the war. Why would he do that? Camp is one of the two places that is safe for people like us. If he goes out there it's like saying, "Hey monsters! Come and eat me! I don't mind!" That is, unless that was his plan all along. And finally, who was Leo referring to from his last memory? It's because of that person . . . I can feel like myself again. I don't quite understand how this person could be so close to him and probably know much more than us, when we've been by Leo's side this whole time.

A feeling of guilt washed over me. We need to focus more on Leo. Even though he is like that annoying brother you never want, I appreciate him. He is the only person I could talk about building structure with that would actually understand. "Hey, don't stress about it," Percy whispered. "All the answers will be revealed in no time." I just hope, I thought as I glanced at Nico's still red face from the last memory.

Leo didn't think things through.

"Wouldn't be the first time," I mumbled under my breath.

"Plans are always the foundation when building or fixing something, Leo," his mother would lecture. "Never start anything without a plan because in the end, you'll find out that one small missing screw can ruin the whole machine."

I mentally stored that away in my head along with all the other 'words of wisdom' collection I have.

Leo wiped a stray tear that seemed to form on the corner of his eye. He could imagine his mamá with a playful smirk on her beautiful face. "Not now Leo! Focus," he scolded, although the imagine of his mamá stayed in the back of his head. Leo felt he was going to break down any second.

We shifted our seats uncomfortably because this isn't the way our Leo now acts like. He'd always laugh and say stupid commentary that wasn't quite needed but always secretly appreciated.

"No time for any of that, mijo" he would imagine his mamá saying. Her long, dark brown locks would cascade over her shoulders as she would smile at Leo, her chololate eyes emitting warmth and comfort. "Pay close attention to what you are doing. Formulate a plan and follow it."

Hazel cocked her head to the side, "I thought shes . . ." She trailed off as if she feared Leo would hear her through the screen. Percy pondered, "Probably a copping mechanism. Since he's still just a child, his mind hasn't processed her death that well. He's desperately trying to cling to anything about her and in this case, a mother's words of wisdom."

Leo watched as beautiful horses galluped across the valley.

Hazel and Percy awed at the majestic creatures.

After he left Allison's house, Leo decided it was time to leave too. He had no clue where but one thing was for sure: Leo will NEVER step foot in Texas again. Too much memories; memories he doesn't want to remember.