Emptiness

*Frank*

The image of Leo sobbing on the dirty streets of Huston, Texas clouded my mind. I remember how I felt when my mother died. The feeling of emptiness and disbelief was all I could think of. Emptiness because I was no longer able to feel her warmth as she hugged me. Disbelief because I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that she was really gone.

It's funny how death works...don't you think? I wrapped my arm around Hazel as she cried softly against my chest. I also had a few stray tears flowing down my cheeks, but would quickly wiped it away. I've haven't seen Leo so heartbroken before other than when Calypso broke up with him. Although, he brought that on himself. I've heard rumors on what he did to her.

I shook my head, sighing. Knowing Leo, it would take two weeks for him to probably get over it. He would be with his loving aunt/uncle and then continue his perfect life, smiling and joking everywhere he went.

Leo sat unmoving on the uncomfortable plastic chairs they had at the station. During the whole car ride here, all Leo could do was cry his broken heart out and repeat the words, it's my fault over and over again. The police officer that was driving only glared at Leo behind the metal thin bars, but said nothing of it.

I shook my head sadly. Hazel went back to cry in my chest whispering, "It wasn't his fault. Why does he keep blaming himself?" I had to resist the urge to tell her that he killed his own mother, that's why. It would've just made things worse if I did.

The officer who brought Leo here, sat him down on the chair and told him to wait until someone comes to get him. Leo, however, didn't respond to him. He was too busy staring blankly at the white wall, his eyes full of disbelief and emptiness.

It wasn't until thirty minutes later, a women wearing a blazer entered the room he was in. Her blond curls were up in a tight bun giving her the look as if her face was being stretched from it. She sat down next to Leo who made no attempt to look at her.

I frowned at how Leo was acting. He would always be the one to break the ice, and now it's like he's an emotionless robot. "That's heartbreaking. His mother's death took a toll on him." Jason mumbled earning an annoyed glance from Nico as if saying, 'No dip!' (Lol...Frank doesn't cuss)

She smiled sweetly at him causing Leo to have the sudden urge of smacking her across the face.

We all gasped at the urge Leo had. Well all of else other than Nico who grinned evilly, which really freaked me out. "Are you sure we're still watching the same Leo Valdez" Percy questioned. It's a known fact that Leo Valdez HATES violence. Even when he's fighting monsters, he would usually say stupid jokes at them, an impish grin on his face. Watching Leo saying he wants to smack her was very unnerving. Hopefully he goes back to being his usual chirpy annoying self.

Leo hated the fact that she gets to smile as if everything was fine and dandy. He remembered that outside, the stars shined brightly, competing with the moon's light. At that moment Leo had the urge to throw up. Why, he thought. Why does the world get to seem as if everything was okay when inside and out...im slowly dying. My mom died because of ME!!

"Hello Leo. My name is Lucy Smith and i'm your social service worker. Do you know what that is?" She asked cautiously as if something she said will trigger Leo and he would automatically breakdown. He did want too, but not now. Leo rolled his eyes. "Yeah. Just because i'm eight years old, doesn't mean i'm an idiot, Lady." He grumbled.

Our jaws hit the floor while Nico seemed as if he was trying to suppress a laugh. He did his very best to keep a straight face on.

If Lucy heard what he said, she didn't seem to be bothered at all by it. She sighed, "I'm fully aware that your mother recently died in a fire accident," Leo flinched. "And you never knew your father. So, I called the only other relative that is alive. Come with me Leo."