A Favor From A Goddess

*Leo*

You'd think that after defeating Gaea about one year ago, us demigods will get to have a break. I feel foolish thinking something like that would happen. After all, a demigods life is nothing but hardships and pain. I would know.

After rescuing Calypso from her island, she left to become a huntress (long story). My friends have been distancing themselves from me and on top off all that, there is a Goddess in front of me right now. 

She stood in middle of bunker nine as I was working on a project for my friends. She was tall and graceful, with long, chocolate-brown hair braided in plaits with golden ribbons, eyes that shone with power, a sunny smile, and wearing a simple white dress the fabric of which shimmered with colors like oil on water whenever she moved, and a golden lotus-topped staff in her hand.

I let out a startled yelp as she said my name, "Leo." I knew who this Goddess was. She was my evil babysitter for five years of my life. "Hello Tía!" I exclaim cheerfully, not looking up my the project which seemed to annoy her. "Wassup? Haven't heard from you since the war! Couldn't stay away from me? Wouldn't blame you! I can't stay away from me either!"

"You know why I'm here, Leo." She said sternly. The bolts in my hand started to shake so badly, I had to set it down. I looked at her and smiled innocently. "What are you talking about?" I tried to control my sweat and trembling, but with no avail.

She gazed at me with fake sympathy. "You and I both know why I'm here, Leo". Sighing, I stood up not daring to look at her in the eye. "Yeah," I mumbled. "What is your favor?"

Let me tell you what's going on to those who are confused. You see, after my first quest I prayed for a talk with Hera. I asked her to do something for me and in return one day she can ask a favor from me, no matter what it is. I've been dreading for this day to come. I sat awake thinking of all the horrible things she would ask from me.

Hera smiled sweetly. "Leo, who would you consider your family?" Family, I thought. I had to resist the urge to blast her with my flames. The only family I had died when I was eight. Instead, I told her in a monotone voice, "I don't have a family. I'm a orphane and a runaway" and then continued to work on the project.

I hate when people bring up my family, or ask about them. I would always make a joke and quickly change the subject. It always worked. But this time its different. I can't exactly LIE to the Queen of Olympus, even if I wanted to. She will know that I'm lying.

Hera made her way to the corner of the bunker. "What about your friends? The rest of the seven? Aren't they family?" I stopped on what I was working on and eyed her suspiciously. "Where are you going with this?" Hera placed her staff against the wall. "Do you know what I'm the Goddess of, Leo? What are my domains?"

I had to think for a moment, "You're the Goddess of Marriage, Home, and Family." I said still not seeing where she is going with this. She nodded her head in approval. "Yes, that's correct. And since I'm the Goddess of Family, it bothers me that you consider no one as family."

I guess she's right on that. I see people as friends or best friends, but never family. I rose my eyebrow at her. "Why don't you consider the rest of the seven as your family?" She asked. I shrugged, "They don't really know my past or seem to care in any way. They just assume that I'm always laughing and had an amazing childhood," I chuckled lightheartedly. "Yeah right! They mean well, but if they were family then they will realize what's going on with me."

Hera seemed to be in thought as I said this. After a few minutes of silence, she snapped her fingers in delight. This couldn't be good, I thought and  groaned.

"They don't know you fully, am I right?" I nodded, afraid of where this was headed. "Then to have your perfect family, the rest of the seven will need to understand you". My hands began to sweat as Hera looked at me with a smile. "I know what my favor is now!"

I looked at her expectantly. "What is it?" She picked up her staff, "Leo Valdez, your friends will be watching ALL of your memories!" She stated proudly as if she just made my life perfect.

I blinked, "Sorry...what? I don't think I heard right." I watched as she started to mumble to herself, saying things like "How will I make this work though? Hmm, a TV will work and I might have to strap down the the six. Hehe...i'll enjoy doing that to the Athena spawn."

No! No, no, no, no, NO! I can't let them watch this! I won't allow it! My mother dying, my foster homes, the schools I had to go to, MY LIFE ON THE STREETS! I've done things that I'm not proud of, so many things I regret doing. The six will find out!

I started to hyperventilate. I don't want to remember all of that! All of my hardships, the pain and suffering. I've been keeping it all in since I was eight and now thanks to HERA, my friends will watch it like a sick reality show. And all this for what?! Just because I don't have a family?!

I turned over to Hera, tears beginning to form in my eyes and my voice was shaky. "P-please! A-Ask for s-something else! ANYTHING ELSE, but my friends watching my memories." I crumbled to the floor. "Please."

Hera just looked down at me without any emotions plastered on her proud yet beautiful face. "Leo, remember when you came to me, begging for the favor you asked of me. A favor from a Goddess or God comes for a price and you knew that. You swore on the river Styx that you'll repay the favor no matter what the price was. This is my favor Leo. You HAVE to do it."

She's right. I knew the risk that I took when I swore on the Styx. The six will watch my memories, and there's NOTHING I can do about. And it's all because of that STUPID favor.

But yet, I don't regret asking for it.

I quickly wiped my eyes and stood up, forgeting about the project I was working on. Hera sighed, "Leo, they'll be watching your memories. You won't. During the time, you'll be in a trance. Like if you're sleeping. Your mind will be blank. So, don't worry too much."

Don't worry? I almost lost it there. However, it would be good that they won't ask me any questions. And I'll be sleeping the whole time. I can sort of work with that. I looked up at Hera and gave her a grin, despite what I'm currently feeling (wanting to curl up in a ball and scream). "Alright! Let's go and watch my favorite person in the world. Me!"

And with that we flashed to Cabin three.

Yeah...not my best writing. I promise that it will be better later on in the book! Hoped you enjoyed! -MajesticallyMajestic