The Girl Who Doesn't Speak

Start from the beginning

You giggled at his nickname for you and went inside to prepare to tonight. You wore a simple shirt and pants with your favorite fur boots for the date. ((AN: Could be something more elaborate if you want. To be honest, I normally where cargo pants, a t-shirt, and sneakers on a date. I don't dress up all fancy or wear makeup. Ever.))

You predicted he would take you to the cove, since you loved it there, and packed a bag just for that scenario. You would ask when he arrived.

It didn't take you long to get ready ((Maybe)) and you still had time to prepare dinner for your parents. You gave them a note telling them that you were going on a date with Hiccup.

"Good for you, sweetheart," your mom smiled.

"Congrats, pumpkin. He's a good kid," your dad said. You thought he would say more embarrassing stuff but was thankful when he didn't.

When the knock came from the door you jumped up and dashed for it. Your parents chuckled, happy to see you happy for once. You opened the door, thankful to find Hiccup in brown pants and a normal green shirt and vest.

He smirked, "I knew you wouldn't dress up. And you don't even need to, because you're always beautiful." You blushed.

"Hey, Hiccup. Have fun on your date tonight!" your mom called.

"Have fun, be safe, bla, bla, bla," your father said. He kissed the top of your head and followed your mom back to the kitchen.

"Cove?" you asked, in a whisper. Hiccup smiled and nodded. You reached over and grabbed your bag. "Ready."

"Good." He led you to Toothless and helped you on. The flight was amazing, like all flights with Toothless are. When Toothless landed Hiccup helped you off him and lead you to a picnic he had set up. Well it was a good thing you didn't eat dinner with your parents.

You're eyes widened, you grabbed his wrist, and ran to the picnic giggling. You enjoyed the food he packed and when the meal was done you whispered a quick, "Thank you."

Again, his eyes brightened. "You're talking a lot today. That means so much to me. Are you gonna keep talking?"

You pointed to the ground and nodded.

"On this date?" You nodded. He was spot on, like always. "Will you talk on other dates as well?" You shrugged. "Please?"

"If-" you coughed, "if you w- want."

"Here's some water," Hiccup offered. You took it, gratefully. After years of saying a couple words or so a year, this much talking was making your throat dry.

"You," you pointed at him and continued talking even though your voice was hoarse, "make me," breathe in, "wanna talk," another breath, "a lot."

His eyes shone brighter than the sun. "I do?" he asked, hesitantly. You smiled and nodded. Suddenly, he kissed you. It was gentle at first but soon it was passionate. When you pulled away for air you put your lips back together a few seconds later. This time you fought for dominance. Hiccup won and slid his tongue into your mouth when you gasped, not expecting for your back to gently hit the ground. You didn't even realize you were leaning backwards.

He broke away panting, but stared into your (E/C) orbs as you stared into his green ones.

"I love you, Hic- cup," you said, your voice barely a whisper.

His eyes widened with happiness and he said, "I love you, too. So much," before pressing his lips to yours again.

Over time, you got use to talking and could talk clearly within two months after your first date. But you only talked when you were alone with Hiccup.

Hiccup loved hearing your voice. And while he wanted you talking frequently no matter the place or amount of people, he never pushed you to do something you weren't ready for. Encourage? Yes, all the time. Push? Never.

Your parents were pleased when you at least said "Good morning" and "goodnight" to them. They even pulled Hiccup aside during the day and thanked him. You were surprised when he told you about it later.

Villagers were surprised when you started saying basic "thank you"s. At first, it was only when Hiccup was around and deathly quiet but people were pleased that you were coming out of your shell. Even Stoick noticed when you whispered your "hello" to him.

When you were alone, Hiccup would encourage you to talk and talk and talk. He tried to get you to babble on about stuff, but it didn't last long. He really appreciate you trying for him though. And he always gave you many kisses. Never enough, though.

All in all, though you never talk as much as others, you were finally talking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~